Help me sort out my netbook??

Found 13th Mar 2011
I''ve got an acer aspire one, on Linux and I am totally useless!

When I load a page on here, it says "A script on this page is busy, or it may have stopped responding" then "Continue" or "Stop script" - I have to do this every time I open a thread, it's so annoying!!

My dad who the netbook actually belongs to says it's always done it, also there is a password for downloads and he doesn't know what it is, is there any way of finding this out?

Any help would be appreciated..thanks

1. Misc
  2. Netbook
4 Comments

I think you probably need to change the root password: Try the following..

Go to System -> Terminal and open a terminal...

On the terminal, type "sudo -su" and press return.

Then, type "passwd" and press return.

It should say "Changing password for user root" or something similar, and will prompt you to enter a password (twice).

Make sure you don't forget this password! (and it probably has to be a mix of letters and numbers)

Original Poster

Hiya, when I go to system, it just brings up the system information, does not say Terminal anywhere?

I guess it's not an option since it's not your netbook but I replaced the default Linpus with Ubuntu Netbook Remix which I find far better and there's a lot more support online for it.

As regards your error that sounds more browser dependant? - I've had that same issue in Windows and Mozilla, it seems to happen on pages where I load masses of content (view all rather than paging on a site full of clothes etc).

It seems there's test downloads here: thinkbroadband.com/dow…tml perhaps try those?

oldskooladdict

I guess it's not an option since it's not your netbook but I replaced … I guess it's not an option since it's not your netbook but I replaced the default Linpus with Ubuntu Netbook Remix which I find far better and there's a lot more support online for it.

Yep I had offered to do this
Post a comment
@
    Text