Expired

Help me speed up the internet!!

Found 28th Jan 2009
I have just bought a lap-top and have 3's Mobile Broadband Dongle with it.

I always struggle to get a connection at home and need help and advise on what to get to improve it.

Will a router help or am I best getting an Antenna?

Thanks

6 Comments

Your 3 dongle is not getting a proper 3G rection from your nearest mobile antenna so that is why you're failing to get a reliable connection. It's the same old, constant problem with the 3 network and the reason why more people are trying to get out of their contract than signing up to one. Unlikely to improve in the near future and there's nothing you can do yourself to improve it, other than move nearer to a mobile mast that covers 3.

Original Poster

Thanks for the info
Bl**dy 3!:x

How long have you had it??
I'm pretty sure you can get out of it and take it back within so many days.
At the end of the day it is not your fault that 3 single isn't strong enough, your paying for a service that they cannot supply.
I'm sure you covered under the sales of goods and services act.

wouldnt you have had to do a coverage check before you went ahead with the sale? That would have told you how good the signal would be before you purchased.

Original Poster

kpkiller;4213036

How long have you had it??I'm pretty sure you can get out of it and take … How long have you had it??I'm pretty sure you can get out of it and take it back within so many days.At the end of the day it is not your fault that 3 single isn't strong enough, your paying for a service that they cannot supply.I'm sure you covered under the sales of goods and services act.

Have had it since Sunday! Although it was on one of the deals where you get the laptop free if you sign up to 24 months mobile broadband.

Macca19820;4218216

Have had it since Sunday! Although it was on one of the deals where you … Have had it since Sunday! Although it was on one of the deals where you get the laptop free if you sign up to 24 months mobile broadband.

Should be able to take it back then I think - within 7 days you will be fine - laptop as well.:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text