Help me spend at HMV please

Found 7th Jan 2011
I won a £50 voucher in a competiton for HMV (Instore only), and i can't find anything worth buying with it. I have another £50 in high street vouchers so i could use vouchers up to £100 in HMV.

I don't really buy/watch DVDs very often so a boxset etc would be wasted on me, and i use spotify for music.

Can't even afford to THINK about ipads etc, and i already have an ipod and Dre HD Solo headphones,

The only things that jump out are Blu-Ray players, which all seem to be about half the HMV price on Amazon, and Kinect for xbox360 (but i'm not convinced that it's worth £140 + future spending on games!)

I suppose i could just try to flog the voucher for £40 to someone, but that seems a little unadventurous, so i just wondered if any of this vast and wonderful community has any bright ideas?

Cheers

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
12 Comments

Banned

Spend them now while you still can...

u cant have enough 2011 calendars

or leave them as xmas pressies for next yr for mates, or bday pressies?

not all stores are closing and u can use them online!

I don't really buy/watch DVDs very often

The only things that jump out are Blu-Ray players

which play high definition media that you dont watch very often...lolwut.

Just buy some games for your 360. Even though you say no boxsets, Id recommend the wire, and Dexter, two awesome shows

HMV share price down 75%.

60 shops to close..

Spend them NOW NOW NOW.

Get a kinect.

Original Poster

Yer, ive been reading about HMV closing loads of stores hence the urge to spend it quickly,

I suppose i'll just drag myself into the shop at the weekend and not let myself leave until i've spent it, didn't really get into Dexter series one, but i might check out the price of the Wire.

Also, i was thinkin blu-ray with extra features (like iplayer....basically)

Thanks guys

HMV deserve to close when I go in store and see Blu-Ray movies for £25 that can be bought online for £6

hmv closing down......... really?...

60 Stores announced earlier this week.

spong.com/art…ops

SuperDan

Yer, ive been reading about HMV closing loads of stores hence the urge to … Yer, ive been reading about HMV closing loads of stores hence the urge to spend it quickly,I suppose i'll just drag myself into the shop at the weekend and not let myself leave until i've spent it, didn't really get into Dexter series one, but i might check out the price of the Wire.Also, i was thinkin blu-ray with extra features (like iplayer....basically)Thanks guys

Oh no, what a situation to be in! X)

Buy something that may be useful as presents for later

or give the voucher as a present to someone now.

Or close your eyes, grab quite a few things, straight to the till and pay, that would be adventurous.

or the blu ray player you mentioned

Give them for free on here. Hint hint...

how about you give me the vouchers to spend on your behalf , that way you don't have to make any choices

ps no need to thank me , i can feel the lurve
Post a comment
@
    Text