Help, microwave toffee popcorn where can i buy it?

35 replies
Found 12th Sep 2009
Hi

I used to love this when i was younger but i cant find anywhere that sells it now.
You used to micorwave the pop corn then take it out open the bag and put the slab of toffee on top and then back in the microwave, take it out and its all melted Mmmmm.
Please please does anyone know where i can buy it??

35 Comments

I can get it my local Sainsbury's

My god, it tasted great but it was near on impossible to get rid of the smell from it out of your microwave

Lidl..

just thought of a gd idea popcorn with mars bars melted onto now that would be nice

Original Poster

Cant find anything on asda and the sainsburys link isnt the microwave popcorn

Original Poster

the mars bar idea does sound interesting lol

To the other people that have said they can get it, if its the microwave toffee one could you please buy me some and ill pay for them and the postage to send to me please?

I've never heard of microwave toffee popcorn but it sounds yum, I want some now.

Oh my god! Not seen that stuff for years, i used to get it every friday for a video night!
It tasted sooooooo good. :-D

sickly sweet;6277005

I've never heard of microwave toffee popcorn but it sounds yum, I want … I've never heard of microwave toffee popcorn but it sounds yum, I want some now.

+1

Original Poster

mai;6277026

+1

You have missed out lol, its so gorgeous and i have such a craving for it!

Emzy81;6277067

Is it better than toffee butterkist? Or like warm butterkist? It sounds soooo good...mmmmm.

Original Poster

sickly sweet;6277385

Is it better than toffee butterkist? Or like warm butterkist? It sounds … Is it better than toffee butterkist? Or like warm butterkist? It sounds soooo good...mmmmm.

Warm but with more sticky toffee :-D

Just make normal microwave popcorn and then whip up your own toffee sauce in a saucepan. You only need butter, golden syrup and brown sugar. Melt it all together, pour it over a bowl of popcorn, mix it around quickly so that all the popcorn gets coated. Simples.

Original Poster

But i want the real stuff

Evil_monkey;6278805

Just make normal microwave popcorn and then whip up your own toffee sauce … Just make normal microwave popcorn and then whip up your own toffee sauce in a saucepan. You only need butter, golden syrup and brown sugar. Melt it all together, pour it over a bowl of popcorn, mix it around quickly so that all the popcorn gets coated. Simples.

+1 this is what I do only I spread the popcorn out on a tray and spread it over to stop it all sticking together :thumbsup:

I remember that.

It had a slab of fudge like stuff that melted into the popcorn. Haven't seen it in years.

Original Poster

Ungreat;6279911

I remember that.It had a slab of fudge like stuff that melted into the … I remember that.It had a slab of fudge like stuff that melted into the popcorn. Haven't seen it in years.

Yep thats the stuff, wish someone could get it

jennybubbles;6279847

+1 this is what I do only I spread the popcorn out on a tray and spread … +1 this is what I do only I spread the popcorn out on a tray and spread it over to stop it all sticking together :thumbsup:

But it's better when it sticks together. That way you get a massive lump of it when you stick your hand in the bowl. Nom nom nom.

Emzy81;6277067

you preggers? :whistling:;-):thumbsup::oops:

Original Poster

bassman_uk;6281574

you preggers? :whistling:;-):thumbsup::oops:

Lol nope.....id better not be anyway! lol :w00t:

Original Poster

Evil_monkey;6278805

Just make normal microwave popcorn and then whip up your own toffee sauce … Just make normal microwave popcorn and then whip up your own toffee sauce in a saucepan. You only need butter, golden syrup and brown sugar. Melt it all together, pour it over a bowl of popcorn, mix it around quickly so that all the popcorn gets coated. Simples.

how much of each ingredient (im not the greatest at things like that lol) and ill try that until i can buy some, and yes you're right its great all stuck together in a clump!

Emzy81;6281813

how much of each ingredient (im not the greatest at things like that lol) … how much of each ingredient (im not the greatest at things like that lol) and ill try that until i can buy some, and yes you're right its great all stuck together in a clump!

Here you go. This is where I got the recipe that I use..
bbc.co.uk/dna…362

home and bargain, iceland

Original Poster

Evil_monkey;6282493

Here you go. This is where I got the recipe that I … Here you go. This is where I got the recipe that I use..http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A972362

Great thank you

pink;6282641

home and bargain, iceland

Any chance you could grab me some please?

Banned

yumm, i soooo loved this, i beleive they stopped selling it for health and safety reasons as the toffee got so hot, you can still buy it in some of the american stores

i tend to make it with the above recipe, its just as good, just have a bit more washing up after x

actii.com/pro…jsp

Original Poster

Lisa-Marie A;6283269

yumm, i soooo loved this, i beleive they stopped selling it for health … yumm, i soooo loved this, i beleive they stopped selling it for health and safety reasons as the toffee got so hot, you can still buy it in some of the american storesi tend to make it with the above recipe, its just as good, just have a bit more washing up after xhttp://www.actii.com/products/features.jsp

Do you know which american stores? Are they online?
Also can anyone remember who made it? Was it butterkist? Thanks!

Original Poster

Lisa-Marie A;6283269

yumm, i soooo loved this, i beleive they stopped selling it for health … yumm, i soooo loved this, i beleive they stopped selling it for health and safety reasons as the toffee got so hot, you can still buy it in some of the american storesi tend to make it with the above recipe, its just as good, just have a bit more washing up after xhttp://www.actii.com/products/features.jsp

Health and safety??!! They havent seen my loss of sanity in not being abole to find it! Can get cheese popcorn... What the?????

I just want the popcorn i used to have :cry:

Our Tesco has (Salted and Butter) 5 packs in a box !

maxmix

mod

Don't "Homebargains" sell this stuff?

Original Poster

andywedge;6285862

Don't "Homebargains" sell this stuff?

I dont have a Home Bargains near me, but if anyone can find the toffee one and send it to me ill pay ......please?

And to the other quote yeah i can get the other flavours just not the toffee :x

Original Poster

Anyone had any luck?

It got banned years ago, i'm sure some kid burnt themselves on it.

any update? I miss that stuff too!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition74837
    2. Win free gin for a year99
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines65
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk33

See more discussions