Groups

Help my boiler has packed in!

Just my luck, my very old boiler has packed in. I need a new one fast. anyone know of a trade in deal for a new one. do they have to be energy efficient?

8 Comments

there's the new scrappage scheme but i think your boiler needs to be working....i think npower were offering 400 quid though for an old boiler

niallmoran;7451524

there's the new scrappage scheme but i think your boiler needs to be … there's the new scrappage scheme but i think your boiler needs to be working....i think npower were offering 400 quid though for an old boiler

Got to pay for the new one first and if you have oil like us can't apply

Original Poster

i live in scotland

niallmoran;7451524

there's the new scrappage scheme but i think your boiler needs to be … there's the new scrappage scheme but i think your boiler needs to be working....i think npower were offering 400 quid though for an old boiler

There's a few old boilers on HUKD, wonder if I can trade one of them in? :thinking:

Thrse offers arnt that good.
    Find a local company and get a quote.
    British gass £2000
    Local guy £900.00

J.Dance;7451594

Got to pay for the new one first and if you have oil like us can't apply

when I looked on the pdf list of eligible boilers for the scrappage there were oil boilers on it. Not our 11 year old one alas. Like 15 years or older models I think

Can I replace an eligible oil fired boiler with a new high efficiency oil fired boiler?

Yes.

Can I replace an eligible LPG fueled boiler with a new, high efficiency oil fired boiler?

Yes - the scheme is ideal for those householders and homeowners seeking to escape the LPG trap.

Must my boiler be working to be eligible for inclusion within the Scheme?

The simple answer is, if you're under 60 years of age - yes it must be working. If you're over 60 years of age, it need not be in working order.
    ( expect the fitter might get it working for a minute or two before scrapping it?)

oilfiredup.com/sit…942

I read on a Daily Wail email it doesn't start till April either

Banned

Theres a website where you can post up what you need doing and tradesmen will post quotes and you can choose the best one etc.

Not sure of the website but somebody who reads this might be able to post it on here.

I know it may not seem the fastest method but you usually get quotes quite quickly.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!88
      2. Nectar launch eGift card redemption for selected brands including Currys, A…44
      3. Spotify Family Premium share59
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767221

See more discussions