Groups

HELP!!!!!!! my face is soooooo numb!!!

morning
    went to the dentist at 9 this morning for a filling and he gave me about 3 or 4 injections, half of my face is still so numb!
    how long does it take for the injections to wear off? feeling a bit daft at the mo because i still can't speak properly!

22 Comments

Banned

It will start wearing off soon, am I the only one who enjoys the sensation? I usually have about 3/4.

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;8702450

It will start wearing off soon, am I the only one who enjoys the … It will start wearing off soon, am I the only one who enjoys the sensation? I usually have about 3/4.

i hope so, it feels so strange! trying to sip my glass of water and i keep dribbling everywhere :oops:
    even my ear is numb!

when I had it done the effect lasted a couple of hours. You'll be back to normal soon enough hun x

missp27;8702460

i hope so, it feels so strange! trying to sip my glass of water and i … i hope so, it feels so strange! trying to sip my glass of water and i keep dribbling everywhere :oops:even my ear is numb!

can you use a straw in a bit of your mouth thats not numb ?

i think gentle massage helps to disperse the local anaesthetic too - might be worth a try:thumbsup:

1 takes about 4 hours to wear off, but 3-4 injections will take as lot longer

Original Poster

looking on the bright side i saw a lovely new dentist today very easy on the eye too

Original Poster

Lost Symphonies;8702520

1 takes about 4 hours to wear off, but 3-4 injections will take as lot … 1 takes about 4 hours to wear off, but 3-4 injections will take as lot longer

:? hope it doesn't take that long!!! i think it was because i was nervous, he kept giving me more and more injections

Banned

missp27;8702536

:? hope it doesn't take that long!!! i think it was because i was … :? hope it doesn't take that long!!! i think it was because i was nervous, he kept giving me more and more injections

It dosen't take a lot longer at all, not in my experience.

Original Poster

lucerysmum;8702509

can you use a straw in a bit of your mouth thats not numb ?i think gentle … can you use a straw in a bit of your mouth thats not numb ?i think gentle massage helps to disperse the local anaesthetic too - might be worth a try:thumbsup:

thanks shall try the massage :thumbsup:.......

Banned

expect to be numb for several years, then get a job in m&s and then you will become righteous and dumb

Original Poster

casparwhite;8702576

expect to be numb for several years, then get a job in m&s and then you … expect to be numb for several years, then get a job in m&s and then you will become righteous and dumb

:giggle:

Usually 3-4 hours for me so should be defrosting soon for you! Hate that sensation when its starting to thaw but not quite and its feels freezing. I remember trying to eat a roll for lunch once and had actually taken a chunk out my cheek without realising and only felt it once it had thawed :roll:

Banned

go sit in a cafe and dribble......you may get lucky and find "a fella"

works for some i heard:lol:

Original Poster

been looking in my kitchen for a straw cos i'm thirsty and sick of dribbling and the only one i could find is one of my kids magic straw things (the ones with milshake in) loooool!
    actually quite nice
    arrggghhh
    still feels so odd!

new photo caspar??

i've currently got that feeling throughout my left shoulder/chest - got knocked off motorbike a few weeks back and they had to put a plate in to fix my smashed up collar bone - unluckily for me i have been told this numbness may last "a few years" until the nerves they cut through start knitting back together!!!

you cah speee probababy?

Original Poster

RobInBrentwood;8702668

i've currently got that feeling throughout my left shoulder/chest - got … i've currently got that feeling throughout my left shoulder/chest - got knocked off motorbike a few weeks back and they had to put a plate in to fix my smashed up collar bone - unluckily for me i have been told this numbness may last "a few years" until the nerves they cut through start knitting back together!!!

:-( aww that's awful :-(
    i feel bad for moaning now! i really hope it starts to feel better soon!

Banned

arcangel111;8702666

new photo caspar??

yeah had 1 of those free proffesional jobs done.......got a free voucher with an ounce of weed:)

cheers

it feels a lot better now the plate is in, they left it 3 weeks b4 the op to see if it healed itself. for those 3 weeks it was like the worst tooth ache you can imagine but in my shoulder!!

all back on the mend now

Original Poster

RobInBrentwood;8702702

cheersit feels a lot better now the plate is in, they left it 3 weeks b4 … cheersit feels a lot better now the plate is in, they left it 3 weeks b4 the op to see if it healed itself. for those 3 weeks it was like the worst tooth ache you can imagine but in my shoulder!!all back on the mend now

ouch! :-( you have my sympathy! not long got over an infected wisdom tooth and that was sooo painful

casparwhite;8702696

yeah had 1 of those free proffesional jobs done.......got a free voucher … yeah had 1 of those free proffesional jobs done.......got a free voucher with an ounce of weed:)

lmao
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846237
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764378
      3. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism1422
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?32181

See more discussions