Help: My PS3 has just died whilst playing Fifa 09

Found 17th Jun 2009
Wont switch on, read DVD's or nowt

Could it be the lazer and/or Hard Drive. How could I test this, and find out which 1 it is. How much would I be looking at for a fix?

18 Comments

Banned

how much for fifa 09 mate lol

Is it still in warranty? If not then you could try and get them to replace it for free, otherwise I think it costs about £150.

Contineous play or if its under a year tell sony

if it wont switch on it not the harddrive or the laser, probably the power supply

Original Poster

landofdan;5516104

if it wont switch on it not the harddrive or the laser, probably the … if it wont switch on it not the harddrive or the laser, probably the power supply

play it a few times a week, but had it for 2 years

landofdan;5516104

if it wont switch on it not the harddrive or the laser, probably the … if it wont switch on it not the harddrive or the laser, probably the power supply

As above check power supply

losse cable maybe?

is it the Yellow light of death?
(check Youtube for videos of it happening)
If it is, its an overheating issue.
There is apparently a way to fix it but it involves taking the ps3 to pieces.
Probably better to just sign up to continuous play :thumbsup:

sometimes the ps3 doesn't have enough power to switch on, try another plug socket as thats what happened to mine.

Original Poster

it now switches on - but wont read Games or normal DVDs - ive been told its the lazer? you can get replacement ones, but apparently these only last 6 months? that right? ...

anyone suggest a fix

gsettle24;5516063

how much for fifa 09 mate lol

I did chuckle a little

use continuous play

jay-uk;5517081

sometimes the ps3 doesn't have enough power to switch on, try another … sometimes the ps3 doesn't have enough power to switch on, try another plug socket as thats what happened to mine.

Is that a pizz take, you can get enough power to start a PS3 through a socket.

What's it pulling 13 amps:w00t:

Better order a generator me thinks.

I mean't when you have those 4 socket plugs in one lol

Original Poster

jay-uk;5519142

use continuous play

what?

this thread may help you:]http//ww…203

i replaced my 1 and a half year old 60gb ps3 for free. just call sony and tell them that you bought it around 10 months ago and they will replace it.

ALICOM007;5519588

i replaced my 1 and a half year old 60gb ps3 for free. just call sony and … i replaced my 1 and a half year old 60gb ps3 for free. just call sony and tell them that you bought it around 10 months ago and they will replace it.

not that easy anymore as they tend to ask for proof of purchase.
Worth a try though?

and even asking doesn't prevent you taking a continuous play plan and claiming from that later on.....
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. good place to buy stocks22
    2. Android pay set up57
    3. Help! In need of a PS4 Headset34
    4. Bean to cup machine44

See more discussions