Groups

HELP - my waffle robe has shrunk

I washed my waffle robe for the first time (only on a refresher wash at 30) and it has shrunk all over....it feels really stretchy as if each little square has tightened up...I have tried ironing it but it didn't help much. Any ideas?????
    Thanks

51 Comments

Banned

pmsl, i am soirry but this so made me titter

thats very helpfull :-)

sassie

pmsl, i am soirry but this so made me titter

eat it instead then try it with maple syrup

blue waffle sprung to mind when reading this...oO

What's a waffle robe oO

birdyboyuk

blue waffle sprung to mind when reading this...oO

What's blue waffle,i'm getting confused now!!

deb8z

What's a waffle robe oO

http://missgifted.com.au/images/P/WaffleRobe.jpg

Well i thought it must be that type of thing Marina,but then i thought maybe not because why would it shrink lol

I believe these have to be washed seperately at 60 degrees, try washing it again at that temp. It should stretch back out to it's original size then.
    Edited by: "greg_68" 8th Oct 2010

Original Poster

Has anyone got one and washed it? Maybe mine is faulty and I can get a refund? No idea what "blue waffle" is...

Did you tumble dry it OP ?

greg_68

I believe these have to be washed seperately at 60 degrees, try washing … I believe these have to be washed seperately at 60 degrees, try washing it again at that temp.

Uh oh,Greg is a waffling expert X)

Banned

take it back to shop, never had one like that, mine are in dryer at mo but they the big fluffy ones

Original Poster

I didn't tumble dry it, just hung it on a coat hanger.

sassie

take it back to shop, never had one like that, mine are in dryer at mo … take it back to shop, never had one like that, mine are in dryer at mo but they the big fluffy ones

On a day like this sassie,that's not very eco friendly hehe

Banned

deb8z

On a day like this sassie,that's not very eco friendly hehe

i know, i dont peg out, i tumble everything, i dont even have a line

Original Poster

sassie

i know, i dont peg out, i tumble everything, i dont even have a line

Naughty you + I like the smell of clothes dried outside. I wonder is tumble drying my robe would help, maybe I rinse and spin it and try.

Banned

no dont tubble dry it, if you have washed as per instructions then take it back to shop and demand a refund

What setting does the care label say to wash it at ?

Original Poster

It says 40 and that it can be tumble dried - it is 100% cotton

[img]t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjFOCE_earzWMqoyL_koK64PaZ9SNYClA2NRGgs8lOrf9itmY&t=1&usg=__nzAz_TtN6TFZl5xq75InSjiqxOQ=[/img]

OMG Moo you made me go look,ewwwwwwwwww

Original Poster

michelleleemoo

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjFOCE_earzWMqoyL_koK64PaZ9SNYClA2NRGgs8lOrf9itmY&t=1&usg=__nzAz_TtN6TFZl5xq75InSjiqxOQ=[/img]

ME NEITHER....at least I don't have THAT problem....

I was wondering how long before someone google'd it lol

deb8z

OMG Moo you made me go look,ewwwwwwwwww

michelleleemoo

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjFOCE_earzWMqoyL_koK64PaZ9SNYClA2NRGgs8lOrf9itmY&t=1&usg=__nzAz_TtN6TFZl5xq75InSjiqxOQ=[/img]

Oh shine a light, that shiz needs some cillit bang on it!!!

imafish2002

I was wondering how long before someone google'd it lol

how do you even find out about that!

Same thing happened to mine OP - got it from Next and it wasn't cheap. Washed it and the waffle pattern shrunk to almost half the size! It's that kind of material/pattern - just prone to shrinking. Took it back and got a larger size so when it shrunk again it fitted perfectly lol X)

EDIT - I meant the robe!! Not the blue waffle as I just googled it oO

oh my eyes!!!!

kaks26

Same thing happened to mine OP - got it from Next and it wasn't cheap. … Same thing happened to mine OP - got it from Next and it wasn't cheap. Washed it and the waffle pattern shrunk to almost half the size! It's that kind of material/pattern - just prone to shrinking. Took it back and got a larger size so when it shrunk again it fitted perfectly lol X)

are we back on to dressing gowns now oO

dmissy13

oh my eyes!!!!

its not yr eyes you should worry about

lol...if you're looking at the same page as I am then I like the look at the advert to the left.

michelleleemoo

how do you even find out about that!

Unfortunately from friends going "Hey google blue waffle, it'll make you laugh". Damn them

Apologies for the Off Topicness OP!
    Edited by: "imafish2002" 8th Oct 2010

michelleleemoo1 person likes this

are we back on to dressing gowns now oO

God yes! I googled after I originally posted then when I saw what I first said thought I'd better edit it X) That was actually gross seeing that - especially at this time of day just before I'm going to have my tea.

imafish2002

Unfortunately from friends going "Hey google blue waffle, it'll make you … Unfortunately from friends going "Hey google blue waffle, it'll make you laugh". Damn them

i swear i've learned more from this site than I did from going to school

starsparkle2311

Jeez you must have skived off a lot then,lol

never did, was and still are a good girl

Now you made me do it. NASTY.

Penny Saver

Now you made me do it. NASTY.

dont blame me

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

It'll be on Embarrassing Bodies next.

Have you seen the comments further down the page,oh dear oO
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764224
      2. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio812
      3. What do these 2 men have in common1220
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?31141

See more discussions