Help need in application for Rod licence for 13 year old (for one day)

Found 18th Jul 2011
Okay, my son has chosen a day fishing as one of his end of term activities. The school has just issued a list if things needed for the day (on Wednesday!) and one item is a 'valid rod licence'. He will be fishing at Todber Manor - can someone help me out as to which licence i need to apply for? (i have tried Googling, but still can't find a definative answer) thanks in advance
Community Updates
15 Comments
Mod & Ed
Ring the Manor (01258) 820384 and ask their advice

Edited by: "wishihadadonkey" 18th Jul 2011
try here jelli short term fishing licence, trout & coarse they will email the rod licence number to you, when I do it, I just stick the number in my phone.

looks like a nice place, he will have a good day.

Edited by: "richp" 18th Jul 2011
Original Poster
wishihadadonkey

Ring the Manor (01258) 820384 and ask their advice

Thanks - i will try them tomorrow morning. I did give the task to my husband, but after 2 reminders - i figure it's one of those 'if you want a job doing - do it yourself' jobs!
richp

try here jelli short term fishing licence, trout & coarse they will email … try here jelli short term fishing licence, trout & coarse they will email the rod licence number to you

Yeah, £3.75
you can get one day rod license from the post office
get it from a main post office (they will issue it over the counter) it is £ 5 for the year or from the environment agency online
http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/recreation/fishing/31497.aspx

1 day is £3.75
Original Poster
Thanks for all the feedback - i got confused by the junior concession and one day. Seems a bit bonkers that it's £5 for a year or £3.75 for a day Today my husband was about 5 minutes from the post office, but decided he would buy online when he got home??! - and then promptly forgot and has now started a night shift and by the time i finish work tomorrow - the post office will be closed
as said for a day one post office is the place, online will do just write the number down and give it to him to take

i've been fishing for 15 years or so and never been checked though
dataload

as said for a day one post office is the place, online will do just write … as said for a day one post office is the place, online will do just write the number down and give it to him to takei've been fishing for 15 years or so and never been checked though

same here, been fishing for years but never been checked, but the one day I dont get one, that'll be the day I get asked for one !
He's too young to be prosecuted at 13?
wow didnt know you need a licence to fish in england
You can get a rod licence by phoning this number 0844 800 5386, they're open from 8.30am. link ..... you could then txt him the licence number.
If your son was 12 he wouldn;t need one .. it's only from age 13 and up.
Id just tell your son... if anyone asks, just say your 12.. it's very unlikely anyone will check.

I've been fishing for nearly 40 years and have never been asked to show my rod licence once (_;)

Edited by: "bigflump" 18th Jul 2011
Original Poster
Job done thanks peeps
I'd spend a fiver and get him one for a year - he might like this...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants