help need -not a site moan

33 replies
Found 13th Dec 2007
Hi I need a pressie for a 10 year old boy. Mr Bs work does a charity thing where you pick a tag from the tree and it describes a child for you to buy for.

I say decribe what I really mean is they give the sx and the age of the child. This year numpty chose a 10 year old boy. I don't know any 10 year old boys!!!!!

so I have £10 to spend on this child and no idea what to get...

Can anyone suggest anything? what do 10 year old boys like these days?

33 Comments

Banned

DVD or music cd, sorry jen not being very helpful, not to good on boy presents:oops:

How about Dr Who stuff?:santa:

Original Poster

pendrells;1346565

How about Dr Who stuff?:santa:

Might be on to something there but I don't know if they like Dr who.

I thought of music or a dvd sass but Tbh I have no idea if they would have access to thing s to play them :?

Banned

jennybubbles;1346580

Might be on to something there but I don't know if they like Dr who.I … Might be on to something there but I don't know if they like Dr who.I thought of music or a dvd sass but Tbh I have no idea if they would have access to thing s to play them :?

what about one of them cheap MP4 players that was on the hotuk 12 days of xmas thingie then

My son wants something to do with magic, I forget the name.

I don't know if this is a general 10 year old thing, or just my son.

Original Poster

sassie;1346599

what about one of them cheap MP4 players that was on the hotuk 12 days of … what about one of them cheap MP4 players that was on the hotuk 12 days of xmas thingie then

oooo a possibility right I'm going to look for the deal time me cos I'm interested in how long it will take for me to find it. (not a dig at the site I'm genuinly crious to see if I can navigate it as so far I've not had many problems!)

Banned

[SIZE=5]lego:thumbsup:[/SIZE]

Would say MP3 player as my little one wants one or some type of those battery operated pocket games to keep them busy.

dog_cop;1346623

[SIZE=5]lego:thumbsup:[/SIZE]

Have you bought Lego recently? £10 will get you nothing.

Original Poster

sassie;1346599

what about one of them cheap MP4 players that was on the hotuk 12 days of … what about one of them cheap MP4 players that was on the hotuk 12 days of xmas thingie then

Found the 12 days of christmas threads but no mp4 players :-(

Banned

jennybubbles;1346654

Found the 12 days of christmas threads but no mp4 players :-(

yes there is, will go and find, be back in january - lol

Original Poster

sassie;1346665

yes there is, will go and find, be back in january - lol

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I was looking at this years :lol:

Banned

for some reason i canna find it on hot deals board, but found it in misc, a few cheap MP3' and MP4's between £5-£10

]http//ww…753

Original Poster

sassie;1346715

for some reason i canna find it on hot deals board, but found it in misc, … for some reason i canna find it on hot deals board, but found it in misc, a few cheap MP3' and MP4's between £5-£10]http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/124753/hukd-12-days-of-christmas-day-one/all/all/hot/showthread.php?t=124753

Thank you sassie. Only prob is Mr B has just informed mehe needs this for monday :roll:

Could shoot him I really could!!!

Banned

jennybubbles;1346762

Thank you sassie. Only prob is Mr B has just informed mehe needs this for … Thank you sassie. Only prob is Mr B has just informed mehe needs this for monday :roll:Could shoot him I really could!!!

well some of them where for currys werent they:?

Banned

ok sorry, they where for home dleivery not reserve and collect

Original Poster

Thanks guys for taking the time to help me out. I know it hasn't been a great day on here so would just really like to say thanks :-)

How about an art set or some craft supplies - Most children (and some adults) love arts and crafts. An MP3 or 4 requires a computer which they may not have. The Dr Who screw driver thingy is popular this year check out Argos sale - they also give you age bands which are a big help

Original Poster

pigtailsuk;1346832

How about an art set or some craft supplies - Most children (and some … How about an art set or some craft supplies - Most children (and some adults) love arts and crafts. An MP3 or 4 requires a computer which they may not have. The Dr Who screw driver thingy is popular this year check out Argos sale - they also give you age bands which are a big help

OMG thank you!!! I wouldn't have thought about the comuter!!!!!!

Banned

jennybubbles;1346845

OMG thank you!!! I wouldn't have thought about the comuter!!!!!!

nor me :oops:

what about a radio:santa:

Am in love with this (incase my hubby is reading it!)

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

Original Poster

I'm really liking this argos.co.uk/sta…htm

Edit : OOS everywhere :roll:

jennybubbles;1346871

I'm really liking this … I'm really liking this http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/zone/giftZone/partNumber/3830899/Trail/zone%3DgiftZone.Gift+Ideas%3EC%24Interest0%3DInterest3.Interest3%3EC%24Who0%3DWho1.Who1%3EC%24Age0%3DAge3.Age3%3EC%24HowMuch0%3DHowMuch1.HowMuch1.htmEdit : OOS everywhere :roll:

Did you look further down that same page jenny, there's a scooter and other stuff for under a tenner !!!:santa:

sorry click on special offer

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/catalogId/1500000701/zone/giftZone/partNumber/3670293/Trail/zone=giftZone.Gift%20Ideas%3EC$Interest0=Interest3.Interest3%3EC$Who0=Who1.Who1%3EC$Age0=Age3.Age3%3EC$HowMuch0=HowMuch1.HowMuch1.htm

In stock my local branch

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/catalogId/1500000701/zone/giftZone/partNumber/3670293/Trail/zone=giftZone.Gift%20Ideas%3EC$Interest0=Interest3.Interest3%3EC$Who0=Who1.Who1%3EC$Age0=Age3.Age3%3EC$HowMuch0=HowMuch1.HowMuch1.htm

good choice

Jen, I have 3 boys and out of all the suggestions, mine would love the argos walkie talkies!
i have looked thro argos and jotted down these catalogue numbers of stuff they would appreciate, here goes
387/0763........383/0899.....277/9346..........387/0419 ......270/3714 ........
Hope this helps, sorry i havent put a direct link but, guess what! I was having a few probs with the site!!!:)

How about a £10 Argos voucher, then they can chose themselves?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition60613
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions