Groups

Help need steams phone number

My Son had it linked to his mobile but had his phone stolen (payg sim now untraceable) but every time i try to reset it has no potion to send reset to email instead keeps sending to stolen phone

8 Comments

You will have to raise a support ticket. That is the only customer service they offer.

Original Poster

cheers

You've got it sorted now but Steam's FAQ says -

Help, I lost (or sold) my phone and can't log in! What do I do?If … Help, I lost (or sold) my phone and can't log in! What do I do?If possible, you should contact your wireless service provider and get a replacement phone with the same phone number. Steam will be able to send SMS messages to your replacement phone, and you will be able to recover your account as described below.If you no longer have access to your phone and don't have your recovery code, you'll need the assistance of Steam Support. Use the "Contact Steam Support" button at the top right of this page to get help removing your authenticator. If you don’t have access to the email address that is currently associated with your Steam Account please provide proof of account ownership within your ticket.

Original Poster

not possible to retrieve the number

For its size, Steams customer service is 2nd rate at best. Origin's support is much better, you can actually phone them and stuff.

In this case, i would send a ticket to support. If you have any boxed games, you can use that as evidence its your account. A few years ago i was in a similar situation and took a photo of my original half life 2 box with the activation code on. They took that as proof it was my account.

You can reset it if you have access to your email. It'll deactivate it for you

Original Poster

abzycar

You can reset it if you have access to your email. It'll deactivate it … You can reset it if you have access to your email. It'll deactivate it for you

it only wants to send activation/email reset to his mobile phone

Original Poster

Ticket still unanswered
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
      3. word association Game74044563
      4. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33

See more discussions