Groups
    EXPIRED

HELP!!! Need to install Windows n not sure how to!!

Hi there - Hoping someone can offer me some advice please!!?? My father-in-law's PC has Limpus on his Acer Aspire One netbook. It isn't working properly and having already posted a request to fix, it has been recommended that I install Windows 7 instead. Trouble is, I've copied the Windows files onto a memory stick (the netbook has no CD/DVD drive) and hoped a pop-up box would appear when I inserted the stick, therefore allowing me to install Windows. Unfortunately it hasn't and I don't see anywhere within Limpus screen that I can open files on the stick.

My head is buzzing with it all n I'd be really grateful if anyone could offer me some advice, before I chuck the machine out the window!!!

Thanks so much in advance!!

Sally

3 Comments

You need to use a tool like unetbootin to make a bootable usb. Then change the boot preferences to usb and boot to it, should install from there

I believe windows has an official program for making the usb bootable, I couldn't get it to work though as I was using a 32 bit version to create a 64 bit one.

Original Poster

Thanks to you both for your advice. I haven't had the chance to try your suggestions yet, but I will do! Thank you again - much appreciated!! xx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 10% Argos code with glitch22
      2. Safest type of external hard drive?33
      3. Jury service47
      4. Three connection56

See more discussions