help needed asap iphone fecked !!

27 replies
Found 29th Dec 2009
gone and got water in my iphone somehow !! [gutted] been letting it dry out for 3 days the phone still turns on but can hardly see anything !! i also have no insurance but i know warrinty does not cover water damage !! would it be wrong for me to get insurance now and claim on it next week ?? would this work? i know its wrong but what can i do !!!

27 Comments

its worth a try, if it doesnt work then can always cancel the insurance.

Get some dry rice and fill a bowl up half way put the phone in and then cover it over and leave it for a couple of days. The rice draws the moisture out. Should you do the insurance thing not sure on that one really

Banned

buy a new one or commit fraud. Tough choice. Depends how you stand on morals.

mikebike;7358249

Get some rice and fill a bowl up half way put the phone in and then cover … Get some rice and fill a bowl up half way put the phone in and then cover it over and leave it for a couple of days. The rice draws the moisture out. Should you do the insurance thing not sure on that one really

Will be too late for that now.

Can do it - but is obviously illegal and i wouldnt personally recommend it.

Original Poster

csiman;7358254

buy a new one or commit fraud. Tough choice. Depends how you stand on … buy a new one or commit fraud. Tough choice. Depends how you stand on morals.

just what my mum said i tottaly agree with u pal but i cant be affording a new iphone with 20 months left of my contract

done the whole rice thing seems to be getting better !! i heard apple replace for 160 pound so might just have to do that !! grrrrrrrrrr

oh and i need my ps3 fixed blueray drive gone

GREAT lol

if its a 3g, there is 2 tiny screws at the bottom of the phone (next to the charger dock) , undo them but be careful not to lose them because they are tiny. get a small suction cup and place it on the screen near the button and press it firmly down. now, you need to pull the screen out but push it down towards the off button at the same time (because there is a slight rubber lip around the screen and it will bame it abit easier to pull the screen out) be careful as the screen is attatched via 3 ribbons at the other end (if they come out they just push back on so dont worry) once the screen is partially out ( still atatched at 1 end like say, a car bonnet) rest the phone somewhere in that position. they will help air get in and dry it faster.

The same happened to me, I waited for over a week and found it working yesterday.

if you switch it on in that position to check its working the button on the front will not work as the screen needs to be in the phone.

If you look in the phone you will see the ribbon with a number 1 on it, if that has come loose the screen will look dull (like there is condensation on the inside) make sure that it is pressed down firmly.

Hope this will help, I know what its like having no iphone, I hated it.

Original Poster

jon1000jon;7358371

if its a 3g, there is 2 tiny screws at the bottom of the phone (next to … if its a 3g, there is 2 tiny screws at the bottom of the phone (next to the charger dock) , undo them but be careful not to lose them because they are tiny. get a small suction cup and place it on the screen near the button and press it firmly down. now, you need to pull the screen out but push it down towards the off button at the same time (because there is a slight rubber lip around the screen and it will bame it abit easier to pull the screen out) be careful as the screen is attatched via 3 ribbons at the other end (if they come out they just push back on so dont worry) once the screen is partially out ( still atatched at 1 end like say, a car bonnet) rest the phone somewhere in that position. they will help air get in and dry it faster. The same happened to me, I waited for over a week and found it working yesterday.if you switch it on in that position to check its working the button on the front will not work as the screen needs to be in the phone.If you look in the phone you will see the ribbon with a number 1 on it, if that has come loose the screen will look dull (like there is condensation on the inside) make sure that it is pressed down firmly.Hope this will help, I know what its like having no iphone, I hated it.

its a 3gs mate but thanks for the info !! dont suppose u live anywhere near leeds do u !!

I paid £139 for replacement from apple even out of warrenty, gotta be worth it tbh

Original Poster

kx12;7358404

I paid £139 for replacement from apple even out of warrenty, gotta be … I paid £139 for replacement from apple even out of warrenty, gotta be worth it tbh

did u go to the 02 store? or did u do it through apples website?

andileeds;7358378

its a 3gs mate but thanks for the info !! dont suppose u live anywhere … its a 3gs mate but thanks for the info !! dont suppose u live anywhere near leeds do u !!

st helens, sorry

Original Poster

i have a friend in stellens lol good night out

Banned

andileeds;7358323

just what my mum said i tottaly agree with u pal but i cant be affording … just what my mum said i tottaly agree with u pal but i cant be affording a new iphone with 20 months left of my contract done the whole rice thing seems to be getting better !! i heard apple replace for 160 pound so might just have to do that !! grrrrrrrrrroh and i need my ps3 fixed blueray drive gone GREAT lol

Mums know best :thumbsup::-D

Original Poster

another question ps3 blueray drive gone how much to get repaired its out of warrinty though

Banned

andileeds;7358458

another question ps3 blueray drive gone how much to get repaired its out … another question ps3 blueray drive gone how much to get repaired its out of warrinty though

I think sony charge £130

Original Poster

csiman;7358509

I think sony charge £130

JOY!!

seen some ebay auctions for like 25 pound they take ur old console and give u a 80 gig refurbished one some sort of scam right ?

Original Poster

ok iphone update just turned the phone on and u can see everyhting on the screen but its kinda dark !! like the back light has gone?

Banned

should you claim on non existant insurance?

No of course not, why should others pay?

Original Poster

the porter;7382207

the brightness will auto go to low so crank it back up

just tried it and the phone has froze and my main menu button dont even work i think its dying a slow death

Do you have accidental damage cover on your house insurance?

Original Poster

chester123;7382434

Do you have accidental damage cover on your house insurance?

i live with my parents but i shall ask once they are home from work

could i claim ?

If you have accidental damage cover then yes the phone would probably be covered.

Banned

andileeds;7382468

i live with my parents but i shall ask once they are home from work could … i live with my parents but i shall ask once they are home from work could i claim ?

yep, but your parents will have to pay extra premiums over the next few years for a claim

Original Poster

ok 2 mins ago nothing was working now the home button works and its vibrates when i charge it think im gonna leave it on charge for a while see what happens

Original Poster

parents are gonna look into the house insurance today how long wil that take ? and how do they replace it?

cheers for all the help guys

Original Poster

its really bugging me now as it seems to be working vibrating everything !! but i can hardly see the screen ahhhhhhhhhh

Original Poster

on a 24 month contract dude need it fixing or hopefully replaced throgh house insurance
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?89
    2. word association Game74244939
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522901
    4. Add one, leave one game54415485

See more discussions