Groups
    EXPIRED

Help Needed! Bike for girlfriend city/traditional/shopper

Hi,

As title suggests, I am looking for a bike for my girlfriend.

She is after one of those traditional sort of shopper bikes, with the low middle bar and the basket on the front, like the ones in the links below.

ebay.co.uk/itm…472

bikesdirect365.com/pro…tml

bikesdirect365.com/pro…tml

I have a road bike myself, and know a bit about them, but this area of bikes is completely unknown to me, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of a god one to go for?

She will need one with gears, so not the single speed ones, I reckon at least 7.

Looking to spend no more than £200, preferably around £150.

Cheers for any help.

8 Comments

I have a Pendleton somersby from Halfords and i have to say it is wonderful. Well built very comfortable.

Original Poster

traydog

Is this any good … Is this any good :http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/vintage-look-six-speed-bike-with-basket-for-129-98-with-free-delivery-groupon-1959196

It may have been, but unfortunately it's sold out.

Thanks anyway

Original Poster

vjeffreys

I have a Pendleton somersby from Halfords and i have to say it is … I have a Pendleton somersby from Halfords and i have to say it is wonderful. Well built very comfortable.

Ye, I seen that one, loos really good, but unfortunately, it's £279.

Thanks anyway

look on ebay as a place in edinburgh was doing exhire ones think including postage it was 90quid.. worth a look..

Original Poster

justanothercid

look on ebay as a place in edinburgh was doing exhire ones think … look on ebay as a place in edinburgh was doing exhire ones think including postage it was 90quid.. worth a look..

Got the name mate? Or any more details? I did a search on ebay, but couldn't find anything for it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Family Spotify account21
      2. Legal advice22
      3. Washer Dryer44
      4. Samsung Galaxy S655

See more discussions