Help Needed - Electric Shower

Posted 28th May
Good evening,
We have a Triton Aspirants 9.5kw and recently our shower started leaking from the bottom of the actual unit but past few days it's got quite a bit worse.

I read up on it and it came to the conclusion it's the PRD but thought I'd open the shower unit up to check,turns out I was wrong.

I believe it's the Solenoid that's leaking,image below which is where I noticed it leaking.

If so,how easy is it to change?is it a simple case of turning everything off,unscrewing it and replacing it?

3473593.jpg
thank you
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Water and electric off and it's straight forward swap. You will often find you need to loosen/undo a few screws securing adjacent components to get enough wriggle room to remove and refit.

Make sure you have some silicone grease to lubricate o rings, sometimes the part is supplied with a small amount. (It baffles me why Toolstation/Screwfix don't stock it - I use it daily as a plumber).
I've got a Triton shower & mine developed a leak last week, but it was dripping from the shower head even when off & I took off what appears to be the same as yours & flushed it through, there is a wire gauze/filter in there that breaks up & blocks it. I found a video on YouTube ,it was easy enough to remove, but remember make sure the power is isolated.

Internals of my shower

40904364-bSY6D.jpg
Edited by: "richp" 28th May
themorgatron28/05/2020 20:57

Water and electric off and it's straight forward swap. You will often find …Water and electric off and it's straight forward swap. You will often find you need to loosen/undo a few screws securing adjacent components to get enough wriggle room to remove and refit.Make sure you have some silicone grease to lubricate o rings, sometimes the part is supplied with a small amount. (It baffles me why Toolstation/Screwfix don't stock it - I use it daily as a plumber).

Excellent thank you,will order the part from Triton and get on with it.

I found it odd that the volume of dripping changed depending on the temperature of the water but I guess if its worn down differently in places it will change.
richp28/05/2020 20:57

I've got a Triton shower & mine developed a leak last week, but it was …I've got a Triton shower & mine developed a leak last week, but it was dripping from the shower head even when off & I took off what appears to be the same as yours & flushed it through, there is a wire gauze/filter in there that breaks up & blocks it. I found a video on YouTube ,it was easy enough to remove, but remember make sure the power is isolated. Internals of my shower[Image]

When I read about the PRD I read people saying to flush the pipe and shower head through as blockages could cause the issues so was the first thing I did hoping it was an easy,fast solution.

That didn't make a difference though unfortunately which is why I then went to check if it was the actual PRD with a fault and saw the other part leaking.

Did you manage to sort yours our in the end?

I installed the shower unit myself replacing an old one and have found it really reliable up till now so hoping this will sort it.
Sc4mp028/05/2020 21:38

When I read about the PRD I read people saying to flush the pipe and …When I read about the PRD I read people saying to flush the pipe and shower head through as blockages could cause the issues so was the first thing I did hoping it was an easy,fast solution.That didn't make a difference though unfortunately which is why I then went to check if it was the actual PRD with a fault and saw the other part leaking.Did you manage to sort yours our in the end?I installed the shower unit myself replacing an old one and have found it really reliable up till now so hoping this will sort it.

Yeah mine is all sorted, no more leaking. I installed mine as well, this is the second triton one afters many years, we have hard water in our area, I think the 1st one succumbed from lime scale .
Post a comment
@
    Text