HELP NEEDED FOR A PS4

Found 17th Dec 2017
I know this may annoy... but as a mum after a PS4 for her 11 year old daughter I have no clue! All I know is I need an extra controller- preferably not a game
With it like COD or FIFA.

Can you help? I’ve looked at all the deals and don’t know what to do!!
Community Updates
Ask
23 Comments
There are so many PS4 slim deals, most with extra controllers and games. Make sure you look on the deals and go for the ones that are hot. Set alerts as this time of the year, the deals will be flowing. Also check the age rating of the games you get, as I’m not sure COD or GTA would be suitable for an 11 year old, but up to you.
I wouldn't get a PS4 for a 11 year old myself as the majority of games on it seem to be, aimed at over 18 year olds.
So they wouldn't have much to choose from suitable for their age.
Edited by: "-Azel-" 17th Dec 2017
A PS4 is great gift for an 11 year old. My son has had his a year now I got it for his Christmas last year and he loves it as he already had an xbox. But yeah just look for best offers. If you take one with a physical game instead of a digital game you can always sell the game you don’t require on gumtree as that’s what I’ve done last time too and doing it before Christmas is best time to sell the spare game as long as it’s one of the bigger games.
For 11 years old daughter personally I would prefer Nintendo switch. They aren't much bundle targeting that age group
Possibly enquire in store if you could swap any bundled games.. I would expect Minecraft to be an essential purchase. They also do a Minecraft story mode and an Adventure time game. Lego dimensions are also current on offer. My daughter is 13 now and plays all of the above I've mentioned. There are also alot of free games in the online PSN store..
There’s loads of games on ps4 for kids. If she’s asked for a ps4, and you buy a different console, that’s disappointed child on xmas day. My nephews have one and have loads of children’s games, lego, infinity, skylanders, minecraft etc
Moonwolf197610 h, 25 m ago

I wouldn't get a PS4 for a 11 year old myself as the majority of games on …I wouldn't get a PS4 for a 11 year old myself as the majority of games on it seem to be, aimed at over 18 year olds.So they wouldn't have much to choose from suitable for their age.

Loads of games on PS4 for youngsters.
Moonwolf197610 h, 26 m ago

I wouldn't get a PS4 for a 11 year old myself as the majority of games on …I wouldn't get a PS4 for a 11 year old myself as the majority of games on it seem to be, aimed at over 18 year olds.So they wouldn't have much to choose from suitable for their age.

what? plenty of games for kids on all consoles. you clearly have no idea sorry.
choccie321 h, 43 m ago

There’s loads of games on ps4 for kids. If she’s asked for a ps4, and you b …There’s loads of games on ps4 for kids. If she’s asked for a ps4, and you buy a different console, that’s disappointed child on xmas day. My nephews have one and have loads of children’s games, lego, infinity, skylanders, minecraft etc

So you have named 3 and that is loads is it! Minecraft is ancient now and the Lego games yeah I'll give you that. But the majority are adult violent games.most of the games kids could play will be sports titles, just dance racing games, crash bandicoot re release.
Whereas theirs other games consoles like Nintendo's Wii u for instance that have a ton of games aimed squarely at the younger generation.

I suspect this 11 year old kid will quickly become bored of the aforementioned titles and either leave the PS4 gathering dust, or start nagging to play 15 or 18 titled games with the parent eventually giving in to the demands, or the child downloading titles behind their parents backs.

Hence it might be best, To Save money and get them a Wii u or Xbox 360.
Snakeyes64653 m ago

what? plenty of games for kids on all consoles. you clearly have no idea …what? plenty of games for kids on all consoles. you clearly have no idea sorry.

Haha I've no idea, Lol I have only been playing video games my whole life and owned nearly every console ever, starting with Atari 2600 in the 80s and later on going in the arcades to play outrun 1942, bubble bobble, RoboCop etc,

to then having spectrum, c64 then onwards and upwards to Amiga and pc to master system and megadrive, and SNES the I had a N64, GameCube, Saturn ths PS1 and the ILL fated atari jaguar I even owned a Panasonic 3DO. And I know nothing you say, from my 25 years + of gaming obsession !
Edited by: "-Azel-" 18th Dec 2017
Moonwolf19762 m ago

Haha I've no idea, Lol I have only been playing video games my whole life …Haha I've no idea, Lol I have only been playing video games my whole life and owned nearly every console ever, starting with Atari 2600 in the 80s and going in the arcades, to then having spectrum, c64 then onwards and upwards to Amiga and pc to master system and negative,SNES the I had a Saturn PS1 and the I'll fated jaguar I even owned a Panasonic 3DO. And I know nothing you say, from my 25 years + of gaming obsession !

So you should know the ps4 has plenty of games suitable for kids?
Moonwolf197612 m ago

So you have named 3 and that is loads is it! Minecraft is ancient now and …So you have named 3 and that is loads is it! Minecraft is ancient now and the Lego games yeah I'll give you that. But the majority are adult violent games.most of the games kids could play will be sports titles, just dance racing games, crash bandicoot re release.Whereas theirs other games consoles like Nintendo's Wii u for instance that have a ton of games aimed squarely at the younger generation. I suspect this 11 year old kid will quickly become bored of the aforementioned titles and either leave the PS4 gathering dust, or start nagging to play 15 or 18 titled games with the parent eventually giving in to the demands, or the child downloading titles behind their parents backs.Hence it might be best, To Save money and get them a Wii u or Xbox 360.

You do know there is more than one lego game don't you? Gave examples, I didn't name them all.
No need to take it personally.
And by the way, I also have had all you listed, and have all current consoles. My nephews got bored of the switch in half an hour. If you're looking at Nintendo for children, a DS is by far the best.
You may have had all consoles etc, but have you got any experience of them with children
Edited by: "choccie32" 18th Dec 2017
Moonwolf197615 m ago

So you have named 3 and that is loads is it! Minecraft is ancient now and …So you have named 3 and that is loads is it! Minecraft is ancient now and the Lego games yeah I'll give you that. But the majority are adult violent games.most of the games kids could play will be sports titles, just dance racing games, crash bandicoot re release.Whereas theirs other games consoles like Nintendo's Wii u for instance that have a ton of games aimed squarely at the younger generation. I suspect this 11 year old kid will quickly become bored of the aforementioned titles and either leave the PS4 gathering dust, or start nagging to play 15 or 18 titled games with the parent eventually giving in to the demands, or the child downloading titles behind their parents backs.Hence it might be best, To Save money and get them a Wii u or Xbox 360.

Ratchet and Clank, Tearaway, Knack 1 + 2, Little Big Planet, Sonic Mania, Rayman plus the others named (like the tons of Lego games) is plenty for a child to be getting on with. Then there are all the indie titles available on the PS Store.

I'm not sure that suggesting consoles which have reached their end of life is practical as it will just mean that in another year or so another console purchase will be required because the one they have is no longer supported.
Snakeyes64618 m ago

So you should know the ps4 has plenty of games suitable for kids?

It has very few in comparison to other consoles already mentioned above.

Unless that is your kids like sports titles, Lego, Minecraft or skylanders.
If they want games specifically made for them and that are fun with a difficulty curve they can handle, Theirs far better gaming platforms to consider than the PS4 that's all I was getting at, that this 11 year old girl will probably enjoy the experience the other consoles offer!

Why does she want a PS4 I wonder is it for a specific title?, cos its supposed to be the best! Has this parent properly discussed this purchase with the child to work out that it really is going to get played on, do they love golf and footy games and the above mentioned if so that's great.

Butif it's GTA, UFC COD resident evil etc they crave, those games aren't going to be appropriate for her age, and I would warn the parent to enable parental settings as many games on the PS4 have vile language and are very graphically violent indeed!
Cod ww2 is very bloody! GTA is downright disgusting in places, I'm just saying the parent might not be aware what their very young child is going to be exposed too! Modern games are very different to what they once were even depicting scenes of sex, decapitation the lot!
Edited by: "-Azel-" 18th Dec 2017
knack
just dance
lego worlds/undercover
lego harry potter/marvel
minecraft
ratchet and clank
little big planet
rocket league
fifa/nba/nfl/nhl
crash bandicoot
No man's Sky
adventure time
final fantasy 7/9
peggle
plants v zombies
braid
GT sport/ dirt 4 / drive club
tricky towers
trove
transformers devastation
rez
sonic forces
patapon
parappa the rappa
pyre
cars 3
minecraft story mode 1 & 2
micro machines
locks quest
wipeout
rime
yooka-laylee
digimon world
stardew valley
dragon quest builders
world of final fantasy
cartoon network battle crashers
steep
abzu
I am setsuna
towerfall ascension
unravel
kung fu panda
goosebumps
skylanders
tearaway
costume quest 2
child of light
rayman
just a few of top of my head... more than enough.

Doubt a 11yr old girl would wanna play ufc cod or gta... parental controls are there if needed.
Edited by: "Snakeyes646" 18th Dec 2017
RossD8918 m ago

Ratchet and Clank, Tearaway, Knack 1 + 2, Little Big Planet, Sonic Mania, …Ratchet and Clank, Tearaway, Knack 1 + 2, Little Big Planet, Sonic Mania, Rayman plus the others named (like the tons of Lego games) is plenty for a child to be getting on with. Then there are all the indie titles available on the PS Store.I'm not sure that suggesting consoles which have reached their end of life is practical as it will just mean that in another year or so another console purchase will be required because the one they have is no longer supported.

All pretty rubbish games especially knack and tearaway, little big planet Zzzzzz
I have a 10 year old & a 12 year old.

In the house we have...

Wii
Wii U
Xbox 360
Xbox One
PS3
PS4

and they each have a gaming PC.

PS4 gets far more use than any of the others. Make of that what you will.
Moonwolf19763 m ago

All pretty rubbish games especially knack and tearaway, little big planet …All pretty rubbish games especially knack and tearaway, little big planet Zzzzzz

Perhaps, if you're not an 11 year old girl. You're judging these way too harshly.
Me and my 10 year old love Little Big Planet 3 btw... we've spent hours playing together on that.
OKay i give up PS4 is great enjoy playing whatever console you all have, Merry Christmas x
Just wanted to update - I got a PS4 with an extra controller in white with singstar game from smyths for £229 - I also bought crash bandicoot for her extra and it’s never been off. She already has a switch and a wii and a gaming pc- the PS4 is much loved and one happy little girl thank you guys
shellscreativeca2 h, 22 m ago

Just wanted to update - I got a PS4 with an extra controller in white with …Just wanted to update - I got a PS4 with an extra controller in white with singstar game from smyths for £229 - I also bought crash bandicoot for her extra and it’s never been off. She already has a switch and a wii and a gaming pc- the PS4 is much loved and one happy little girl thank you guys

Nice one, hope she has years of fun with it (like me!)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants