Help needed for blocking a number from a BT landline

Posted 28th Jun
I'm trying to help an elderly gentleman with a BT1700 handset to block a specific number from calling him.
When I follow the instructions in the manual, it tells me that the blacklist is already full - although it isn’t. He's never used that feature on thrashed phone before. Any ideas please? Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
BT 1700 has poor blocking ability and can only store 20 blocked numbers.
If still having issue after two criteria of
1) call blocking set to "on"
2) blocked numbers list has been deleted
reset the device as directed in lower section of image below.

41239412-LJ8sl.jpg
TBH, consider obtaining a basestation/handset(s) that offers the Trucall / Call Guardian call blocking function (virtual assistant) as it is foolproof and far easier to manage. Random example TC product that should / could work OK with the 1700 handset as an optional additional handset with advantages over the 1700 such as handsfree etc, £35.99 or less amazon.co.uk/BT-…5I/
If he has a BT account on line you can do it through that
If with BT I also recommend BT Call Protect. It's free. It blocks most spam / auto dialer calls automatically and you can block last call etc. Has reduced nuisance calls from 2 or 3 a day to one a month.
AndyRoyd29/06/2020 06:35

BT 1700 has poor blocking ability and can only store 20 blocked numbers. …BT 1700 has poor blocking ability and can only store 20 blocked numbers. If still having issue after two criteria of1) call blocking set to "on"2) blocked numbers list has been deletedreset the device as directed in lower section of image below.[Image] TBH, consider obtaining a basestation/handset(s) that offers the Trucall / Call Guardian call blocking function (virtual assistant) as it is foolproof and far easier to manage. Random example TC product that should / could work OK with the 1700 handset as an optional additional handset with advantages over the 1700 such as handsfree etc, £35.99 or less https://www.amazon.co.uk/BT-Advanced-Blocker-Cordless-Machine/dp/B01CP2DT5I/

Thank you Andy. Very helpful, will try this later. Much appreciated
Thank you everyone for your replies This gentleman has received some horrid hurtful calls from this particular person which has caused him so much mental stress, worry and lack of sleep.
Bless you all for taking the time to read and reply 💙
Making abusive or threatening calls is a criminal offence. Might be worth some advice from the police.
AC-ZEP-GEN-DC29/06/2020 11:22

Making abusive or threatening calls is a criminal offence. Might be worth …Making abusive or threatening calls is a criminal offence. Might be worth some advice from the police.

They are involved...
Post a comment
@
    Text