Help needed from the mechanics out there!!

Found 20th Mar 2007
Help!!

The heating in my car has busted. For about a week it did nothing but blow hot and then from 2 days ago all it will do is blow freezing cold air!! - Right in time for the cold spell!!!

It's a Ford Puma by the way - has anyone had experience of this before, or knows exactly what part has busted?

I've looked in the manual incase it's a fuse - but it doesn't look like it is - the same fuse serves the radio too, which is fine.

Any help will be gratefully received!!!

Thank you
:-(

12 Comments

Any liquid seeping into the foot wells ?

How old is the car ?

has your car got air con if so then your aircon need's re-gassing by the sound's of it as the same happened to my car a while ago

jayhab

It's a Ford Puma by the way

I see your problem! :lol:

Honestly, I haven't a clue....sorry. Hope you get it sorted!

You a hairdresser by the way?

Original Poster

nothing seeping into the footwells and no aircon - it's 8 years old this year.

Birdyboy - strange how your right-hand powerball score is so much higher than your left hand..

birdyboyuk

I see your problem! :lol:Honestly, I haven't a clue....sorry. Hope you … I see your problem! :lol:Honestly, I haven't a clue....sorry. Hope you get it sorted!You a hairdresser by the way?

But... but... the advert was awesome!
youtube.com/wat…ZrE

jayhab

Birdyboy - strange how your right-hand powerball score is so much higher … Birdyboy - strange how your right-hand powerball score is so much higher than your left hand..

I polish the car a lot :thumbsup: :giggle: :whistling:

could be a broken thermostat in the cooling system.

Original Poster

i'd actually forgotten the puma advert featuring steve mcqueen - i only bought one after playing Colin Macrae on the Playstation!!!

But back to the point - any other ideas on what's wrong?

edit-

currychops - i thought that as soon as it started blowing just hot air - that sounds as though it could be expensive?!?!

Summer soon, get it repaired just before winter kicks in

Original Poster

- done some digging - possibly the heater control valve?

it could be an airblock in the pipes or check your water or i could be the water pump.

Original Poster

esims - yes it could be an airblock in the pipes - not sure about the water pump tho' - everything else is still ok i.e. the dash temp gauge still starts off cold and during a journey rises to where it always used to...
lots of sites are pointing to the heater control valve and quote my symptoms exactly - the only hot and the only cold air - apparently it's a very common fault on pumas and fiestas?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What are the prices of supermarket counter pizzas?22
    2. Help: NowTV Movie pass923
    3. Kids cut and glue books22
    4. Flowers for anniversary33

See more discussions