Groups

Help Needed: Hotpoint Washer Dryer Fault WDD960

My hotpoint Washer Dryer WDD960G just a year old is playing up.. Initially what i noticed wash the door will not open when the machine was switched off from the and even after switching on and off a few times the door finally opened. So after putting the clothes in and I switched it on, it said the door was open however the door was firmly locked, but kept saying it was opened, after switching on and off a few times again, it didnt say the door was open again, then i pressed the Start button, then it displays the message that wash is on, it takes in one fill of water then the water stops and after like 5 minutes the message comes on again that check water supply. If i switch it off and on again, it taes in one fill of water then after 5 minutes says there is no water supply, and then again it says the door iopen when infact the door is lock. When I switch it off on the machine before disconnecting on the mains socket, the ky lock sign still shows on the display whereas it dosent normally do that.

machine comes with 1 year full wrranty and 5 years labour.

Was thinking of reseting the digital control but there is no instruction in the manual on how to do that.

21 Comments

Original Poster

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/saayinla/P1020713.jpg
    http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/saayinla/P1020712.jpg

Banned

after a year dont they usually send yu an offer to extend the warranty, or maybe contact them to extend it

I had this issue with an older hotpoint. Turned out there was something stuck in the filter so worth looking

Original Poster

sassie;7837343

after a year dont they usually send yu an offer to extend the warranty, … after a year dont they usually send yu an offer to extend the warranty, or maybe contact them to extend it

sure they did for £169 for a machine I paid £380 for! Could have just bought a miele back then if only....

Original Poster

tracymac;7837358

I had this issue with an older hotpoint. Turned out there was something … I had this issue with an older hotpoint. Turned out there was something stuck in the filter so worth looking

I ll check it out now, thanks.

check the inlet for a kink in the hose? or try just putting the dryer on for half an hour as there could be some freezing around the condenser outlet.

Just a few ideas as same happened to my Bosch one and it turned out to be frost on the inlet so putting the dryer on cleared it!

5yr parts but its like £110 for the engineer. i know. and it sounds like its a fault with the 'brain' of the machine. either that, or its knackered.

Banned

saayinla;7837373

sure they did for £169 for a machine I paid £380 for! Could have just b … sure they did for £169 for a machine I paid £380 for! Could have just bought a miele back then if only....

it maybe worth taking it out now though, as if you caqnt sort it it is gonna cost you nearly this to call them out probably

Original Poster

zannaz82;7837493

check the inlet for a kink in the hose? or try just putting the dryer on … check the inlet for a kink in the hose? or try just putting the dryer on for half an hour as there could be some freezing around the condenser outlet. Just a few ideas as same happened to my Bosch one and it turned out to be frost on the inlet so putting the dryer on cleared it!

Wouldnt let me start a drying cycle either!

shanecr;7837570

5yr parts but its like £110 for the engineer. i know. and it sounds like … 5yr parts but its like £110 for the engineer. i know. and it sounds like its a fault with the 'brain' of the machine. either that, or its knackered.

Couldnt be knackered us the machine for about 2-3 washes weekly, or is that too much?

sassie;7837672

it maybe worth taking it out now though, as if you caqnt sort it it is … it maybe worth taking it out now though, as if you caqnt sort it it is gonna cost you nearly this to call them out probably

Am gutted seriously if I have to resort to that...

tinkerbell28;7837688

Exactly, and hotpoints in my experience once you get one fault, you get … Exactly, and hotpoints in my experience once you get one fault, you get another soon after, and circuit board faults, "the brain" are common.Get a bosch or miele, there are hardware forums out there that can help, just google the fault.Usually if a blockage, or something easily solved like needing to drain is causing the issue, the computer automatically recognises this and won't read unlocked, so does sound like something else..........hope it's not :-(

Funny thing, the main board in my hotpoint failed after 3 months. its been 3 years now i think, and not really any other problems. They get a bad rep, sometimes deserved, sometimes not.

if the board goes, you can send it off to a firm called adlink on ebay, they will recondition the board for you and send it back same day for £50ish. used them for my washing machine and boiler pcb and the service was brilliant.

my bro is sending his washing machine pcb off tomorrow as he's been having loads of problems with his too. i think if they don't find a fault they charge you less.

Original Poster

tdogg;7838876

if the board goes, you can send it off to a firm called adlink on ebay, … if the board goes, you can send it off to a firm called adlink on ebay, they will recondition the board for you and send it back same day for £50ish. used them for my washing machine and boiler pcb and the service was brilliant.my bro is sending his washing machine pcb off tomorrow as he's been having loads of problems with his too. i think if they don't find a fault they charge you less.

how do I get to the board, Do I have to open it up? I wish I knew how to perform a reset of some sort.

yep you have to open it up. usually 2 screws to open it then a few screws and wire links to detach. takes about 5 mins to do.

how about trying domestic and genrals kitchen plan. we cover 3 appliances each year for £144 and thats labour and parts which i think is fairly good. we just had the pump changed again on our hotpoint dishwasher

Original Poster

critster;7840644

how about trying domestic and genrals kitchen plan. we cover 3 appliances … how about trying domestic and genrals kitchen plan. we cover 3 appliances each year for £144 and thats labour and parts which i think is fairly good. we just had the pump changed again on our hotpoint dishwasher

I just tried out a quote on Dosmetic and general and it came up with 9.92 per month, due to the initial cost of the machine, if i were to take this out, how soon can I call for a repair?

Original Poster

critster;7840604

http://www.hotpointservice.co.uk/hs/pages/book_a_service_call/puf.jsptry … http://www.hotpointservice.co.uk/hs/pages/book_a_service_call/puf.jsptry that it has come down in price used to be £99 last year :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Apparently they are closed now and I ll have to call em up tomorrow.

best thing to do is phone them and ask if they still do there kitchen plan i would assume they do as our renewal starts on the 17th. we cover our washing machine, dishwasher, and frezzer at the moment

Banned

jenny1965

http://www.yourspares.co.uk/Search.aspx?search_keywords=wdd960all the … http://www.yourspares.co.uk/Search.aspx?search_keywords=wdd960all the spares for this model are available

that will come in handy 2 years late! oO

Banned

word of warning about opening a washing machine, I done it to mine though not a hotpoint. Whilst undoing various screws the drum collapsed inside the washing machine pulling the frame in with it X) That damn concrete is heavy.

It still works but gets stuck between wash cycle 9 and 4, so we just have to nudge it along now
    Edited by: "lumoruk" 11th Jun 2012
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Important info for Ryanair customers1520
      2. Spotify Family Premium share512
      3. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?914
      4. Virgin Media Broadband Retention Deals34

See more discussions