Groups

help needed how to softmod my wii

Hi looking to softmod my wii so i can play my games that I have saved off a usb, any advice how to do this?? it does tell you online however need a walk through as I am a little blonde lol, any one who could point me in the right direction wouldbe a star!!!! :0)

20 Comments

search on google. There are lot of guides available on the net. The guildes on site GBATemp.net are good.

I am in office so can't get the link to you. Sorry

Original Poster

rsethi

search on google. There are lot of guides available on the net. The … search on google. There are lot of guides available on the net. The guildes on site GBATemp.net are good. I am in office so can't get the link to you. Sorry

il try that one, thanks for your help :0)

Modmii, this software does it all for you

step one... get hold of lego indianna jones or lego batman...

DAMNOME

step one... get hold of lego indianna jones or lego batman...

Pointless if the firmware is not the latest(currently 4.3).

Original Poster

hi, my firmware is 4.3, ive got lego indiana jones too, downloaded all the stuff from modmii guessing i stick this all on the sd and follow the guide :0)

tommielfc

hi, my firmware is 4.3, ive got lego indiana jones too, downloaded all … hi, my firmware is 4.3, ive got lego indiana jones too, downloaded all the stuff from modmii guessing i stick this all on the sd and follow the guide :0)

Yes follw the guide.. it's simple.. unless you're me...
    but if you read it properly and don't rush like i did it's simple - and if you mess it up just start from the beginning.. I've done a few now with no probs.

Original Poster

DAMNOME

Yes follw the guide.. it's simple.. unless you're me...but if you read it … Yes follw the guide.. it's simple.. unless you're me...but if you read it properly and don't rush like i did it's simple - and if you mess it up just start from the beginning.. I've done a few now with no probs.

great thanks :0)

if i was to softmod my wii, would it still allow wi-fi connections for games like monster hunter tri etc

your crap , my nan can softmod a wii try wiibrew

Original Poster

can you get your nan round to do mine then as I still cant get it to work :0)

Original Poster

any body know what could be wrong as the usb loader screen goes blank and wont load and hermies 222 wont load either

If you follow the instructions, it will work.

Look here this will help,this guide is just for playing you`r back up games, and not for playing download games(LOL)

sites.google.com/sit…ics

Edited by: "timtom13" 17th Apr 2011

Original Poster

Thanks for your help il give this a try :-)

Ive` modded over 18 wiis now,that was befor 4.3 came out,

I've got a black wii that ai bought a couple of months ago and haven't actually opened it yet, anyone got any idea as to what firmware it's going to be on, as I might give it a go of hacking it this week

souljacker

I've got a black wii that ai bought a couple of months ago and haven't … I've got a black wii that ai bought a couple of months ago and haven't actually opened it yet, anyone got any idea as to what firmware it's going to be on, as I might give it a go of hacking it this week

It should be 4.2 and that all depends on

A black Wii is exactly the same as a white wii except for the color, so it can be softmodded with any normal guide.

The only thing thats different with those Wii's is that they have a 100% chance on having a new D3-2 drive.

There's not much more to say about this :P

D3-2 is the name of a new kind of drive for the Nintendo Wii.
    Many newer Wii's and ALL black wii's have this drive.

People with this drive will never be able to play burned backup discs with that drive. If you still need to play your backups, but have one of these drives, you must use an USB loader (since they are not affected by the drive) or replace your drive by another one. You can also use Hermes' uLoader and load discs from an external DVD drive.

There is no real way to tell if your wii has this drive before you get it (unless you have a black wii).

If you have the serial number, you can calculate the chance of having a D3-2 drive with wiidrives.com/list

Affected by this issue:

All disc backup launchers (including gamecube backup launchers)

All Disc based ModChips (ModChips can still load from SD/USB if this is supported by the ModChip)
    Any app that loads from DVD (Mplayer_CE, Emulators, ...)

Edited by: "timtom13" 18th Apr 2011

Ok thanks for that, I was planning on using a USB loader anyway as I was aware you can't play back up discs, is it easy to install the USB loader once I've soft modded?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Finally got a Xbox one s11
      2. Just an thought regarding Paypal11
      3. Rain effect window. The one from FRIENDS! Please help!56
      4. Beer experts help required!46

See more discussions