Groups
    EXPIRED

Help needed in choosing a 4 bay NAS

Hi
    I am looking for a 4 bay NAS and looking for a recommendation on which one is best.

7 Comments

Synology all the way. I have the two bay and it is by far the best NAS for home on the market. Interface is great, applications it has are brilliant.

Original Poster

Ebuyer have a Buffalo Link Station and a Netgear ReadyNAS at £119.99 does anyone know if either is a good buy or am I asking for problems?

Austor has similar interface to synology, but have better specs against cost

amazon.co.uk/Asu…NIE

cheaper 204 more expensive 604

asustor.com/liv…emo

Also, some models have hdmi, & there is a xbmc app

PS I have a ds212j

I have a buffalo Linkstation. There was an offer on here a while back for 100 odd quid with 1tb wd red drive included. it was worth the money but the apps dont work very well remotely. Does download torrents well though and can play through dlna.

Cheaper option HP microserver

enigmatik33

Cheaper option HP microserver

Agree! 4 bays for 110 quid when they have their cashback offer on. Could then put Xpenology on it for the synology interface.

And if you add the hacked bios, 4 for storage, 5th for a non raid drive and 6ty for ssd boot.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…33
      2. Advertised on Gumtree55
      3. Remortgaging to pay off debt89
      4. Cheapest new phone line install existing customer56

See more discussions