Expired

Help needed modding my Compaq R3000 Laptop

Found 13th May 2009
I want to mod my Intel 3.0Ghz R3000. I researched this a while ago and found info that there are a few unused ports on the mobo. Now im back to the idea i cant find the info! Any info i can find will help e.g. plans, over clocking, mobo drawings and any ideas for the mod would be appreciated.

Chucking it in the bin and getting a new one isnt modding before anyone suggests it!

5 Comments

dcx_badass;5194716

Just don't overclock a laptop.

agreed, a few mm of space and added heat just doesnt work...

dcx_badass;5194716

Just don't overclock a laptop.

awoodhall2003;5194726

agreed, a few mm of space and added heat just doesnt work...

Agreed. Don't do it unless you want to fry your breakfast on it.
http://i39.tinypic.com/28mh4sw.jpg

Predikuesi;5194790

Agreed. Don't do it unless you want to fry your breakfast on it.

looks yummy though...

Unless you can change the heatsink to something better, and get a better fan then I wouldn't bother,.

Original Poster

Ok got ya, will forget about the overclocking. Still want to jazz it up with a few mods! I was thinking internal irda for a multi media remote. Internal bluetooth dongle. Painting the case and replacing the compaq badge maybe with something opaque so i can stick led's behind it. Leds around the keyboard.
This is an old laptop now and is notorious for overheating anyway! What about water cooling in a laptop. Sounds stupid right but not impossible!

Lets have some ideas no matter how silly they may be..

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. Any PS4 News Here29314091
  2. A christmas wish2134
  3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)76606
  4. Is Black Friday a big con!2740

See more discussions