Groups

Help Needed on Car purchased from Dealer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purchased a used car today from a dealer and car temperature has shot on my drive back home and there is smoke coming from bonnet area. Is there anything I can do now? 

15 Comments

take it back!!!!!!!!!!!

^^^^^^^
    Ditto

Banned

any reputable dealer should offer to fix it FOC

if you bought from Arfur Daley motors, you may want to burst into tears about now..............

when you say dealer, do you mean car dealer?

Banned

ctuk;3212780

when you say dealer, do you mean car dealer?

Given the contents of the OP what other 'dealer' would you be referring to!?

Yes agreed take it back asap !
    repair or money back....

Nice first post.

dimebars;3212831

Given the contents of the OP what other 'dealer' would you be referring … Given the contents of the OP what other 'dealer' would you be referring to!?

it could have been bought from a drug dealer? :?

ctuk;3213003

it could have been bought from a drug dealer? :?

lmao "hot" car off a drug dealer:w00t:

mine had a power steering fault took it back they fixed it for free, well messed up the steering alignment gave me a courtisey car after waiting for 2.5 hours but oh well

take it back

Give them a call straight away, ask them to call over and take a look, don't try driving it back in its current state, sounds like something gone wrong with the cooling system.

High Temperture and white steam/smoke happened to me - it could be a head gasket. I possible reject the car and get your cash back.

Good - serves you right for abusing the exclamation point.

Banned

this is a breach of contract under the sale of goods Act 1979, you have not had a chance to fully accept the car due to its fault. You have a right to have your money back straight away, don't except a fix.

I dont know whether this has breached any criminal laws, as the fault could be seen as hazardous to you and other road users and pedestrians..

If ypur confused go down to Citizen Advice Bureau, then onwards to a solicitor.

Act Fast.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie911
      3. love affairs912
      4. word association Game73844475

See more discussions