Groups

Help needed - PC sound not working

Hi everyone, am having problems with my computer sound....happened a few months back but now the pc is my only option to watch an import dvd so ideally want to get this sorted.

The sound has stopped working from the pc but when a pair of headphones or speakers are plugged into the headphone jack socket they work. I am not very technical at all so if you can help me at all i would be very grateful.

Thanks

6 Comments

It is either software related, so update the drivers.

Or hardware related meaning the jack that doesn't work is faulty, so use the headphone jack instead to get around it.

If it is a faulty jack there is no easy fix other than replacing the hardware or installing a new sound card (USB sound card may be the easiest option).

Original Poster

ok thank you, how would i go about updating the drivers? ... sorry not very good with computers

If the PC is from a specific company like Dell, visit their website for updated drivers.

Otherwise you will have to access ]device manager and locate the sound card to find out who the manufacturer is then visit their website.

Deleted as not a good idea

dcx_badass;8740637

Please please don't do that.

Is there something wrong with that, If so please let me know.

Banned

you have selected your speakers in the settings? there can be various stuff like optical, hdmi etc

sometimes just need to select
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3611382
      2. EE Retention Deal S811
      3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1331
      4. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work22

See more discussions