Help needed playing region 1 dvds on my uk xbox 360

Found 26th Jul 2010
I have just got myself an Xbox 360 and was wondering if there is any way I can play my region 1 dvds on it. I bought it second hand so I don't have to worry about the warranty etc...I have heard you can mod the console so it will or maybe use an external hard drive but if anybody knows the most simple way...or best way any advice would be great.

Thanks

6 Comments

You can´t play R1 DVDs on a UK 360 as they´re region locked.
Just buy a cheap dvd player that can be unlocked or is unlocked already.

Banned

or rip them to a file and play from usb

Original Poster

csiman

or rip them to a file and play from usb

ok thats great. so the external hard drive idea should work fine. Is it just a case of ripping to the hard drive and go or would I need to do something else? thanks

You can play videos off a USB HDD/stick without modding the console.
I thought your question was about playing actual DVDs though?

Edited by: "TanyaSpace" 26th Jul 2010

Banned

au_rustique

ok thats great. so the external hard drive idea should work fine. Is it … ok thats great. so the external hard drive idea should work fine. Is it just a case of ripping to the hard drive and go or would I need to do something else? thanks

yeah, rip to HDD using dvdshrink or similar but you'd need anydvd installed (or similar) unless your pc dvd drive is r1 or MR

Banned

csiman

yeah, rip to HDD using dvdshrink or similar but you'd need anydvd … yeah, rip to HDD using dvdshrink or similar but you'd need anydvd installed (or similar) unless your pc dvd drive is r1 or MRI generally just download the film as quicker lol

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants