Groups

Help needed please- which karaoke song?

I'm going to a leaving do on Thursday and it's compulsary to do a karaoke song! (Japanese managers leaving do)

This might sound like fun to some but I'm worse than rubbish at singing and have only done karaoke once before and it was total carp!

Antysuggestions for easy songs, low songs, talking songs etc would be greatly appreciated. I can then have a look on Youtube and practice a bit so I don't look like a complete idiot!

24 Comments

chocolate rain is a low song

abba?

Telly Savalas if a picture paints a thousand words

Original Poster

macca_cfc;3770419

chocolate rain is a low song

Not heard of this who sings it?

black gerbil1;3770446

abba?

Good idea, I can then hope that everyone else will join in and drown my awful voice out!

Bigmick;3770480

Telly Savalas if a picture paints a thousand words

Brilliant, I can remember hearing this - I'll havr a look on Youtube

Thanks guys

How about something like 'what a wonderful world' by louis armstrong? It's not a hard song and never really breaks out of baritone range.

BTW, 'Chocolate Rain' was written by guy called Tay Zonday - you'll see him on youtube.

kung fu fighting ?

Hi-
    I hos pro-karaoke shows in pubs etc & to be honest I would say don't worry too much- I know it's daunting the thought of getting up in front of every one but bear inmind - you prob won't be the worst & 5minutes later, everyone will have forgotten how good/bad you were anyway!

Some suggestions

for a man' song-

Love me tender by elvis.
    tears in heaven by eric clapton.

both slow & easy to sing with little variation in tempo etc.

for a lady singer-

Do you know the way to san jose?
    Bleeding Love/Leona lewis
    Crazy for you - madonna.
    Again. all low, little variation & slow tempo.

Or the easiest option is to go for a well known song like ' I will survive ' - the trick being that everyone will be too busy joining in singing over you to notice your performance.

Good Luck

Col.

Merry Christmas Everybody - Slade
    Its a singalong tune that most will at least know the chorus to. Its loud enough so that if your singing voice is not the best there will be enough backing to assist
    Its in keeping with the season.
    uk.youtube.com/wat…xwQ

Original Poster

Thank you all so much, you've come up with some great suggestions and I feel more enthusiastic now!

The final choice of song might depend on where I get drawn to sing (and the amount of alcohol that I've had) but I'm definitely up for Merry Christmas Everybody, Crazy For You and It's A Wonderful World

I'll stay away from Kung Fu Fighting because this was kind of a theme at last year's event, along with the Ninja outfit that we bought as a goodbye present but I'm pretty sure someone will sing it at the end of the night!!

Many thanks again, rep added to you all

"IS THIS THE WAY TO AMARILLO"
    Go all peter kay on it.
    People will love you.

Or attempt Mariah Carrey's "Hero"
    People will laugh at you

If its all meant for fun i wouldn't worry!

Original Poster

stratomaster;3776773

"IS THIS THE WAY TO AMARILLO"Go all peter kay on it.People will love … "IS THIS THE WAY TO AMARILLO"Go all peter kay on it.People will love you.Or attempt Mariah Carrey's "Hero"People will laugh at you :)If its all meant for fun i wouldn't worry!

Brilliant idea (Peter Kay that is!), I'm going to have to take this list of suggestions with me

People will laugh at me anyway, no matter what I sing!!

Thanks for your input

Original Poster

stratomaster;3776773

"IS THIS THE WAY TO AMARILLO"Go all peter kay on it.People will love … "IS THIS THE WAY TO AMARILLO"Go all peter kay on it.People will love you.Or attempt Mariah Carrey's "Hero"People will laugh at you :)If its all meant for fun i wouldn't worry!

Just noticed your location - word of advice, stay away from any Chinese restaurants on Thursday night!!

Mijooly;3777098

Just noticed your location - word of advice, stay away from any Chinese … Just noticed your location - word of advice, stay away from any Chinese restaurants on Thursday night!!

lol!!!
    Didn't see that!
    Good luck then duck :thumbsup:

Original Poster

stratomaster;3777153

lol!!!Didn't see that!Good luck then duck :thumbsup:

Ay cheers me duck!

Is it a good plaice you are going to? seeing as you think your singing is total carp........:-D lol! couldn't resist!

It's all about 'Barbie girl' by aqua!!!

Original Poster

Scottie999;3781077

Is it a good plaice you are going to? seeing as you think your singing is … Is it a good plaice you are going to? seeing as you think your singing is total carp........:-D lol! couldn't resist!

Yeah, we're going to fillet!

Mike___;3781289

]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PQyClNEfncgPerfect !!

Fantastic!! I think this is going to be the one, going to paractice a bit first!

cdemico;3781337

It's all about 'Barbie girl' by aqua!!!

I'll add to it the list just in case the one above isn't available

Ungreat;3781342

]Journey - Don't stop believing

I sound worse than that!!

Thanks to you all

Original Poster

Forgot to add, I'll let you all know friday morning which song I sang and how it went

Rep added to you all :santa:

I'm thinking videos will be good :p:thumbsup:

Good Luck with it

If it was yesterday, How did it go ???

Original Poster

Hi sorry for the delay - I'm still recovering!!

It went ok, I got up quite early and sang .........

Turning Japanese

Made people laugh, can't say they enjoyed it though!

Went to see the Pigeon Detectives last night and was able to sing at the top of my voice and no-one could hear me!!!

Thanks again

Mijooly;3821574

Hi sorry for the delay - I'm still recovering!!It went ok, I got up quite … Hi sorry for the delay - I'm still recovering!!It went ok, I got up quite early and sang .........Turning JapaneseMade people laugh, can't say they enjoyed it though!Went to see the Pigeon Detectives last night and was able to sing at the top of my voice and no-one could hear me!!!Thanks again

:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Toys R Us Warning....2024
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread422914432
      3. Money Saving Tips...2038
      4. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1326

See more discussions