Groups

Help Needed Regarding Recent Dell Dimension E520 Deal (running Vista Home Premium)

Ive had to reinstall the system as Windows Explorer kept crashing, so did COM Surrogate . However, for some reason Vista looks different visually, my windows experience index score has reduced to 1.0 and there is no way for me to get the system to adjust to the 22" monitor that came with the package.

Can anyone help me?

3 Comments

Install the drivers for the graphics card. It should be on a disc Dell sent you, if not then give me the number of the system and i'll dig out a link for you.

Cheers
    Simon

Original Poster

Cheers mate but ive sorted it now

The disc they sent me wouldnt work :?, so i had a manual search for the relevant drivers - which didnt want to install. So eventually i rung Dell - and the stupid woman accidentally put the phone down on me mid-call. So after screaming loudly i called them again and got it sorted

Out of interest, and for others in a possible similar situation, how did this get sorted?

Cheers
    Simon
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO11
      2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions