Help needed requiring cheap train tickets to blackburn/manchester/preston/leeds

A return ticket to any of those stations from Slough. Im planning on going this sunday/monday till wednesday/thursday.

14 Comments

Original Poster

Pref preston btw. I dont mind paying around £50ish?
Edited by: "MarzBarz" 8th Apr 2011

Banned

So why don't you have a look for a ticket then? Are you expecting someone from here to do it for you?

trainline.com

Original Poster

CoffeeMaker

So why don't you have a look for a ticket then? Are you expecting someone … So why don't you have a look for a ticket then? Are you expecting someone from here to do it for you? http://www.trainline.com

Deal request is here for a reason. Sorry if its been posted in the wrong section. Oh and stick to making coffees you noob.

Banned

You are using the basis that you use an internet forum more than me as a basis for an insult?

Original Poster

Btw your link doesnt work it redirects to a usa website.

i find eastcoast.co.uk have really good prices and very easy to navigate too. had a very quick look at preston, and the rtn price was about £70. why not have a look at it, but try departing station as kingscross- not too far from sough and may be slightly cheaper tix (including the cost of travelcard from sl to kingsX) if on a budget- why not consider coach travel?

Banned

Sorry its trainline.co.uk

You can get some good prices if you book in advance and are flexible with times

I didn't mean to be insulting, it just sounded at first that you couldn't be ars*d to look yourself

Banned

national rail site will give you options then link you to the relevant railway.

no need to pay surcharges with trainline

Original Poster

Journey price
£72.60

Saving £6.60 Link opens in a new window
1 Adult(s) 0 Child(ren)
Out:
19:35 (Sun 10 Apr)
Slough (SLO) to Preston (PRE)
2 change(s)
Return:
20:58 (Thu 14 Apr)
Preston (PRE) to Slough (SLO)
2 change(s)

Original Poster

casparwhite

national rail site will give you options then link you to the relevant … national rail site will give you options then link you to the relevant railway.no need to pay surcharges with trainline

thanks

Original Poster

samwants2save

i find eastcoast.co.uk have really good prices and very easy to navigate … i find eastcoast.co.uk have really good prices and very easy to navigate too. had a very quick look at preston, and the rtn price was about £70. why not have a look at it, but try departing station as kingscross- not too far from sough and may be slightly cheaper tix (including the cost of travelcard from sl to kingsX) if on a budget- why not consider coach travel?

I dislike busses/coaches lol. I think ill have another gander if not ill just stump up £70.

megabus showing prices around £15 per journey (depending on time)
that's a 5 hr + bus journey though from Victoria station in London.

edit: see your dislike of busses above now - oh well, its info anyway
Edited by: "BurntEffigy" 8th Apr 2011

Banned

Cheapest I can see is a single from reading at 09.11 Sunday morning to manchster for £48

Original Poster

BurntEffigy

megabus showing prices around £15 per journey (depending on time)that's … megabus showing prices around £15 per journey (depending on time)that's a 5 hr + bus journey though from Victoria station in London.

Sorry man I just dont like buses or coaches at all.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764038
    2. Pink Balls24
    3. Avoiding the adds on the desktop client for the Spotify free account812
    4. Free Now TV Sky Sports Day Pass611

See more discussions