Help needed to get 3 car seats in the back of the car.

Found 26th Aug 2017
Hi all,

We have recently had our 3rd child. Our other two are 3 and 5. We now have trouble getting three seats at the back. We have a Mondeo Estate which is by no means small. However, to my surprise you can't get three car seats in the back. Can anyone recommend a manufacturer of a slim car seat that I can buy for the 3 and 5 year olds to allow us to get three seats in the back. We currently have a maxi cosi seat for the baby, which is quite slim.

Thank you for your help.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments

Sorry can't help but check the current law it used to be that the seats couldn't touch as well had to be space around them.

Multimac superclub.

Not the cheapest but should last you many years. Grab a couple of adult seat adaptors (£25) in case you want to carry adults in the back.

2 kids in back & 1 adult, baby in front, not ideal but quick solution?

As above.

booky35 m ago

Yes, this ^.

That's wat my sister in law does

If that's not happening
multimac.co.uk/home is an option expensive though

Have you tried your local Halfords or mothercare? Both stores are meant to have advisors trained to help with car seat fittings and they'll be up to date with the laws etc. I'd speak to them as they deal with it more often

booky3 h, 42 m ago

If you do this remember to turn off the front passenger airbag!

We had the same issue...three children under 4 years old. Somewhat drastic but we ended up buying a Seat Alhambra!!

Is your 5 year old tall enough to switch to a booster?
They are much slimmer then the full seats.
Post a comment
@
    Text