Help needed with a slow cooker....

19 replies
Found 16th Oct 2008
i bought a slow cooker the other day from tesco & thought there would be instructions on how to use it i.e. some recipes. do you need to brown the meat off first before cooking a casserole in it? do you just put all the ingredients in at once? any help would be really appreciated as i don't know what i'm doing lol

19 Comments

We just put everything in

I just throw everything in uncooked, fill it up with water and leave it on overnight...... always tastes fine to me (but I'm a bloke :-D )

I brown the meat first as I like to drain the fat off, even lean cuts have excess fat.

Yes just put everything in at once & leave it on all day or overnight.
experiment...

There are some good tips & recipes ]here

As I love chicken, I went here allrecipes.com/Rec…spx
Just go back a few pages to find other slow cooker recipes and enjoy PS read the comments at the end of recipes for further tips

I was wondering the same thing cheerleader, i bought one from sainsburys after the £9.99 post and i've still not used it yet!! Some good recipes there snowtiger, thx

Hi Folks,

Just thought you might like to know, that the slow cooker is going for £9.99 (half price so they say) at the moment (£9 quid for me with my tesco staff discount hehe).:)

becci148;3210872

I was wondering the same thing cheerleader, i bought one from sainsburys … I was wondering the same thing cheerleader, i bought one from sainsburys after the £9.99 post and i've still not used it yet!! Some good recipes there snowtiger, thx

Same here!

sofatoad;3210879

Hi Folks,Just thought you might like to know, that the slow cooker is … Hi Folks,Just thought you might like to know, that the slow cooker is going for £9.99 (half price so they say) at the moment (£9 quid for me with my tesco staff discount hehe).:)

The Sainsburys £9.99 one is a bit bigger than the Tesco one (I think Tesco is 3.5L and Sainsburys is 4.5L)

Original Poster

sofatoad;3210879

Hi Folks,Just thought you might like to know, that the slow cooker is … Hi Folks,Just thought you might like to know, that the slow cooker is going for £9.99 (half price so they say) at the moment (£9 quid for me with my tesco staff discount hehe).:)

that's what i got :thumbsup:
well i've just chucked everything in there & hope it comes out nice :lol: thanks for your help everyone :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Mrs.Z;3211089

Same here!The Sainsburys £9.99 one is a bit bigger than the Tesco one (I … Same here!The Sainsburys £9.99 one is a bit bigger than the Tesco one (I think Tesco is 3.5L and Sainsburys is 4.5L)

oh now you tell me!! :lol:

cheerleader;3211148

oh now you tell me!! :lol:

Read it on here somewhere!

Den38;3210745

I brown the meat first as I like to drain the fat off, even lean cuts … I brown the meat first as I like to drain the fat off, even lean cuts have excess fat.

That would be my preference too, the wife just chucks the lot in. I do eat it but... Well.... :lol:

depends on how you want your meat.

if you're cooking beef, and chop it into chunks, if you stick it in raw, and cook it on low for 10+ hours, it will be perfectly cooked, but will have a tendance to fall apart and shred when you stir it. however, if you brown it off first, it will still be as tender, but will stay in chunks a bit better. tbh, i do both, depending on how much time i have to prepare it. either way, it doesn't matter!!!

Original Poster

Shengis;3211582

That would be my preference too, the wife just chucks the lot in. I do … That would be my preference too, the wife just chucks the lot in. I do eat it but... Well.... :lol:

well maybe you should cook for her!! :whistling: :lol:

cheerleader;3212067

:lol: my thoughts exactly.

cheerleader;3212067

I do as it goes, but shes got this weird fetish about slow cookers:? :lol:

Original Poster

Shengis;3212170

I do as it goes, but shes got this weird fetish about slow cookers:? :lol:

:w00t:

cheerleader;3213059

:w00t:

And there was Becci thinking that I was one of those male chauvinist pigs who made the wife do all the cooking, when in actual fact I do 99% of the cooking because women can't cook..........

Now where did I put those plane tickets for Outer Mongolia........ :lol: :giggle:;-)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Skateboarding advice (beginner) 25/yo213
    2. With or without cream?22
    3. Is it illegal to sell train tickets?33
    4. Sweet Sunday Codes11

See more discussions