help needed with computer games installing

im trying to install transport tycoon but it tells me i need windows 98, what can i do?

30 Comments

Which operating system are you using? You can try right clicking it and running in Win9x compatibility mode although that's very hit and miss.

John

wouuld a .net fix not work ?

Original Poster

im on xp pro, it a very old game requires 4mb ram lol

Banned

You need to download this file Transport Tycoon Deluxe + Win XP Patch.zip
thepiratebay.org/tor…tch

14Mb torrent file, works for me

Banned

lumoruk;2721264

You need to download this file Transport Tycoon Deluxe + Win XP … You need to download this file Transport Tycoon Deluxe + Win XP Patch.ziphttp://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3528267/Transport_Tycoon_Deluxe___WinXP_Patch14Mb torrent file, works for me

cue next question by the op.................whats a torrent? ;-)

Banned

csiman;2721395

cue next question by the op.................whats a torrent? ;-)

Torrent?:?

Banned

ODB_69;2721497

Torrent?:?

It's when a huge wave comes crashing down a valley....a torrent of water :thumbsup:

Banned

lumoruk;2722061

It's when a huge wave comes crashing down a valley....a torrent of water … It's when a huge wave comes crashing down a valley....a torrent of water :thumbsup:

Cool...bet thats interesting to watch...

I'll Demonoid it:thumbsup:

Its a file with information on trackers... and... I don't really know but download uTorrent and you can open that
.torrent file.

Banned

timothyw9;2722083

Its a file with information on trackers... and... I don't really know but … Its a file with information on trackers... and... I don't really know but download uTorrent and you can open that.torrent file.

nah Azureus Vuze is better

lumoruk;2722096

nah Azureus Vuze is better

why?

Banned

guerilla;2722138

why?

can encrypt the connection and stop Sky broadband from throttling me :thumbsup:

i thought could encrypt the connection in utorrent. im pretty sure mine is encrypted. I've never been throttled by sky anyway.

Banned

guerilla;2722253

i thought could encrypt the connection in utorrent. im pretty sure mine … i thought could encrypt the connection in utorrent. im pretty sure mine is encrypted. I've never been throttled by sky anyway.

utorrent doesnt have an option for encryption from what I have seen. I thought encryption was site specific (I know eztv is).

i'll have to check, im certain i'd clicked the option to encrypt traffic maybe it was on a site rather than in utorrent

Options > Preferences > BitTorrent then select "Protocol encryption"

i assumed this meant that the traffic is encrypted, am i wrong?

Original Poster

well here is my next question, how do you set up a dual boot

dual boot what?

Banned

guerilla;2722383

Options Preferences BitTorrent then select "Protocol encryption"i … Options > Preferences > BitTorrent then select "Protocol encryption"i assumed this meant that the traffic is encrypted, am i wrong?

Good spot! Make sure you use forced and disable legacy connections :-

1. Go to: Options > Preferences > BitTorrent
2. Go to ‘Protocol encryption’, you can choose between ‘enabled’ and ‘forced’. ‘Enabled’ will give you more connections but offers less protection against traffic shapers.
I would recommend to try ‘enabled’ first, if that doesn’t increase your speeds you need to swich to ‘forced’.
3. Ticking ‘Allow legacy incoming connections’ allows non ecrypted clients to connect to you. This improves compatibility between clients but makes you more vulnerable to traffic shapers.

ill check my settings tonight,

Banned

Cluffy321;2722490

well here is my next question, how do you set up a dual boot

don't do it, too complicated just download the torrent I mentioned above ;-) I presume you own the game so download it!

Original Poster

ok i am once i get my laptop, but i want to dual boot my laptop so it has ubuntu or something like that also

Banned

Cluffy321;2722786

ok i am once i get my laptop, but i want to dual boot my laptop so it has … ok i am once i get my laptop, but i want to dual boot my laptop so it has ubuntu or something like that also

you're better off starting a new thread

Original Poster

ok then i will when i get my laptop, cheers all rep left

Banned

lumoruk;2722818

you're better off starting a new thread

or using the search function as question has been asked many times before.

Cluffy321;2722786

ok i am once i get my laptop, but i want to dual boot my laptop so it has … ok i am once i get my laptop, but i want to dual boot my laptop so it has ubuntu or something like that also

Don't - Ubuntu really isn't any good. It's like Windows, except a not-working version of Windows that will require you to spend much of your life in something called "Terminal" to accomplish even the most basic of tasks, like plugging in a USB adaptor.

Original Poster

what about xp then is that worth it?

Banned

Cluffy321;2722942

worth it for what?

You are very unclear about what you want to do

Original Poster

well on my broken laptop i had xp black and it was awesome and i am not a big fan of vista so thts why i like xp black, cos it had all the looks but its still xp.

Banned

Cluffy321;2723024

well on my broken laptop i had xp black and it was awesome and i am not a … well on my broken laptop i had xp black and it was awesome and i am not a big fan of vista so thts why i like xp black, cos it had all the looks but its still xp.

whats that got to do with your question?

Sorry, but I dont have a clue what you are asking.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What do these 2 men have in common1014
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764216
    3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31138
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846168

See more discussions