Help needed with Google drive

Posted 15th Feb
hi there guys, it's me again this time I am trying too clean up my Google drive, but I am unable too understand how too do it. I have the Google photo's app which automatically saves new photos at the correct size for the free usage,

but i have some old photos in folders title as dropbox and some other names. even though I have put the settings too save photos under the settings at high so I can store them for free these old photos inside these older folders are taking up my usage space and I keep getting the message my drive is full and I have used up the free 15GB storage.

so how can I either move these photos or change them so they are classed under free storage they aren't even the big in there original size so not sure why they take up the space anyway.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
Google photos is unlimited. Google drive is not unlimited and 15 gig. From memory if you select to store photos in full resolution that will fill your 15 gig up so turn off and just use the Google photos free unlimited. Guess you are using both Google photos and Google drive for photos
Edited by: "wayners" 15th Feb
wayners15/02/2020 19:39

Google photos is unlimited. Google drive is not unlimited and 15 gig. From …Google photos is unlimited. Google drive is not unlimited and 15 gig. From memory if you select to store photos in full resolution that will fill your 15 gig up so turn off and just use the Google photos free unlimited. Guess you are using both Google photos and Google drive for photos

Oh ok. I downloaded folders from my Dropbox too Google drive as I stopped using Dropbox, how do I swap the photo's over from Google drive too Google photo's, I thought they would be done automatically/were the same things all new photos automatically get backed upto google photo's,

So maybe the question I should ask is how too move the photos for Google drive too Google photo's is there a easy way.
I download Google photos and set that up.

Then go to Google drive. In the photos folder you can turn on or off synchronization with Google photos. So pictures will be in two places. Full resolution in drive and compressed in Google photos, I can't tell they have been compressed. Any photos I really like I put on Snapfish for storage and printing.
Edited by: "wayners" 15th Feb
wayners15/02/2020 21:15

I download Google photos and set that up. Then go to Google drive. In the …I download Google photos and set that up. Then go to Google drive. In the photos folder you can turn on or off synchronization with Google photos. So pictures will be in two places. Full resolution in drive and compressed in Google photos, I can't tell they have been compressed. Any photos I really like I put on Snapfish for storage and printing.

Hi I have requested archived files of my photos on Google drive it has been sent too me this morning around 11Gb as 6 files, how do I transfer these too Google photo's any ideas they have come as .zip files I have downloaded 1 but can't figure out what's the next steps.
Unzip photos in a folder on pc. Open Google photos on pc and select the folder with photos. Let it run until uploaded.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants