Groups

Help needed with last quiz question please

Famous adverts

What went together like bacon and eggs fried????????????????
    Any ideas

34 Comments

is that all it says?... ita an advert.. the clue aint even a proper sentence is it?

Banned

What went together like bacon and eggs fried ... i dont get it

dosn't make sense??

Original Poster

All the clues are from adverts eg. "what melts in your mouth not in your hands" answer minstrels
    This is the only one left now but i cant find an advert that had this in as a caption or any mention of it anywhere

sorry.. but is this EXACTLEY what it says.. ?.. not a typo or anything, missing comma??..

if its a crossword.. you got any of the letters>?

Banned

Just explain that little bit clearer....What went together like bacon and eggs fried

Original Poster

no that is all it says. Some how it links with an advert
    The closest i can think is the double decker adverts when they said they go together like..........? but then the fried bit doesnt fit in

DangerGod;4592488

Just explain that little bit clearer....What went together like bacon and … Just explain that little bit clearer....What went together like bacon and eggs fried

Original Poster

:-(Never mind, i will have to hand it in with 1 missing answer

Do Frys make Double Decker?

could it be some sort of bread or beans?

Banned

miffy121;4592497

no that is all it says. Some how it links with an advertThe closest i can … no that is all it says. Some how it links with an advertThe closest i can think is the double decker adverts when they said they go together like..........? but then the fried bit doesnt fit in

and were does bacon and egg fit into a double decker advert?

Also it doesnt make sense. As said, that fried bit on the end?

Ahhhh forget it lol

miffy121;4592461

All the clues are from adverts eg. "what melts in your mouth not in your … All the clues are from adverts eg. "what melts in your mouth not in your hands" answer minstrelsThis is the only one left now but i cant find an advert that had this in as a caption or any mention of it anywhere

even though google says mistrels.. sure this was something like m'n'm's or skips or something like that... its not mistrels is it... ?...

all i can find is this

Little Chef
    I like eggs and bacon,
    I like toast and jam.

[Tune "Bread and Butter" by the Newbeats]

but i dont think its right

Mothers Pride. from the mums and mother pride old advert IIRC

Mums and Mother's Pride, maybe? (bread)

Edit: Darn, beaten to it by BendyBadger

Original Poster

DangerGod;4592544

and were does bacon and egg fit into a double decker advert?Also it … and were does bacon and egg fit into a double decker advert?Also it doesnt make sense. As said, that fried bit on the end?Ahhhh forget it lol

Double decker used to do those adverts where they used to sing " cadburys double decker, cadburys double decker, went together like........"
    but eggs and bacon fried dont have the same effect

BendyBadger;4592579

Mothers Pride. from the mums and mother pride old advert IIRC

cis_groupie;4592584

Mums and Mother's Pride, maybe? (bread)Edit: Darn, beaten to it by … Mums and Mother's Pride, maybe? (bread)Edit: Darn, beaten to it by BendyBadger

Makes sense, seeing as fried rhymes with Pride

Love and Marriage.!

Or is that something to do with a horse and carriage, song just popped into my head.

Original Poster

Kandiman1983;4592574

even though google says mistrels.. sure this was something like m'n'm's … even though google says mistrels.. sure this was something like m'n'm's or skips or something like that... its not mistrels is it... ?...

your right, i dont think it is mintrels, i cant think which one it was but i am going for m & m's

didnt see you guys go it.. ignore this post.. never even heard of mums pride or whatever?... hmmm

This was on Wiki

In 1954, Peanut Chocolate Candies were introduced, while the M&M's brand characters and the famous slogan "The milk chocolate that melts in your mouth, not in your hand" were both trademarked.

deb8z;4592721

This was on WikiIn 1954, Peanut Chocolate Candies were introduced, while … This was on WikiIn 1954, Peanut Chocolate Candies were introduced, while the M&M's brand characters and the famous slogan "The milk chocolate that melts in your mouth, not in your hand" were both trademarked.

siick... i was partially right!

WORD!

Original Poster

deb8z;4592721

This was on WikiIn 1954, Peanut Chocolate Candies were introduced, while … This was on WikiIn 1954, Peanut Chocolate Candies were introduced, while the M&M's brand characters and the famous slogan "The milk chocolate that melts in your mouth, not in your hand" were both trademarked.

Yes i admit i havent got around to looking for that answer but i was trying to give an example

It was "treets" that melt in your mouth and not in your hand.

Treets ARE Minstrels though.

deb8z;4592871

Treets ARE Minstrels though.

Not when I bought them they weren't.

And if anything, it's the other way round as treets were there first.

Original Poster

:?ohhhhh dear i had better check all my other answers

Jumpingphil;4592919

Not when I bought them they weren't.

You know what i mean..lol

I don't remember them as that,i read it on Wiki:)

Original Poster

just to check another, which crisps were weird as i cant find the answer to that. It was suggested that they were smiths square crisps

Sid Hooper and Joe "Mac" MacDonald work together in the motel garage. ... there was no doubt that the two went together like bacon and eggs - and ...... Above an early 1980s badge; below, advertisement from the Daily Mirror, 26/3/1981. ...
    80sactual2.blogspot.com/ - 214k

maybe this sid hopper and joe macdonald from crossroads
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. www.disneycharms.co33
      2. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …11
      3. Xbox One S or Xbox One X55
      4. Boxes for moving house?77

See more discussions