Groups

HELP NEEDED WITH MOBILE BROADBAND DONGLE O2

HELP NEEDED WITH MOBILE BROADBAND DONGLE O2
    I bought a o2 E160 mobile broadband dongle I got connected once to add a 2 pound for 24 hour internet service with my laptop.I was not able to get connected again to use it.What i want to know is if and how i can unlock it to use a ORANGE OR 3 network sim pay and go.
    Plus how do i get orange or 3 software to use the dongle instead of o2 conection manager.
    ORANGE AND 3 are the only ones in my area with a good conection i am told,I bought o2 because my mobile is with them and great conection ,but not the case with mobile broadband.
    I am new to this so if you can help i will need details how to do it.

Many thanks

3 Comments

Isn't this like the third time you've posted that exact same thread in the space of 24 hours?

you'll probably find that the dongle is already unlocked, just put in another network sim card and you will find out. You can pick a FREE three sim from their shop. For the software side of things you have two options either flash the dongle with mobile partner which is the network free software which will be permanently on the dongle or you can leave the O2 software on and just enter the correct APN settings for whichever network you are going to use.

Original Poster

simplyjimbo;7829154

you'll probably find that the dongle is already unlocked, just put in … you'll probably find that the dongle is already unlocked, just put in another network sim card and you will find out. You can pick a FREE three sim from their shop. For the software side of things you have two options either flash the dongle with mobile partner which is the network free software which will be permanently on the dongle or you can leave the O2 software on and just enter the correct APN settings for whichever network you are going to use.

Cheers thanks for the help.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News45
      2. PlayStation Hacked Again?33
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?33193
      4. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1020

See more discussions