Expired

help needed with my hotpoint condenser tumble dryer

Found 3rd Mar 2013
hi there, I have a hotpoint conderser tumble dryer, CDT85 model, and the whole front panel starts flickering on and off during a cycle (the cycle continues). There is no error number on the front panel, it just keeps on flikering like mad. Does anyone out there know what it could be? Im on the verge of just buying a new one but Im worried it is something thats easilly fixed then Ive got a new one when it was not needed. Please help if you can, Ive tried google with no luck yet!

Thanks in advance, Clare x
Community Updates
12 Comments
If it is only flickering during a cycle then it might just be a loose wire for the display. May need a re solder if you know someone who can have a look.
im just thinking, during a cycle, the back of the machine is RED HOT too. dont know if its always been like this. when its doing the cooling period bit its nice and cold at the back. Im wondering if theres a conection with the flashing. I was worried it was gonna blow up before! lol
Andybro, thank you and how can I find that out?
looking online its pointing to a new control board, which is expensive. Its a few yrs old so I might just cut my losses and get a new one ggggrrrrrrrrrr
hocka

looking online its pointing to a new control board, which is expensive. … looking online its pointing to a new control board, which is expensive. Its a few yrs old so I might just cut my losses and get a new one ggggrrrrrrrrrr

dont get a hotpoint next time
Depending on the midel check the 'green spot' thermostat.
hocka

Andybro, thank you and how can I find that out?

If it is a loose wire you may be able to identify without opening the machine up.

1. Does the display flicker when no propgramme selected.
2. does the display flicker only on certain programmes

if the answer is yes to these then it is likely another problem. else if no, turn on but do not select a programme. Give the dryer a good shove (very technical this:-) ). You are replicating the machine moving and vibrating when on a programme. if the display flickers it is more possible that it is a loose wire for the display.

Andybro, it flickers when no programme is on at all. (still scratching me head!)
looking at a new Indeset condenser smart dryer
willhay555

Depending on the midel check the 'green spot' thermostat.

where will this be? can not find it anywhere
I'd be looking along the lines of a loose ribbon cable or a poor connection. Worth removing the top (usually 2 screws at the back and pull the top cover forwards to remove).
gonna order a new one, this has been quite heavily used for approx 5 yrs so havent done too bad. will post on fleabay for spares n repairs. thanks for all the advice tho, very much appreciated xxxxx
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants