Help needed with new sony Vaio

9 replies
Found 11th Jun 2009
I have just bought a new Sony Vaio NS series from Misco. I cannot make the recovery dvd - keeps saying please insert blank disc. Have spoken to Sony and they have sent me 2 new downloads and sya I have the correct dvd ( DL - R) Brand new so it is blank, but still keeps coming up with the same - Sony help desk now closed so wondering if anyone has any suggestions? thanks

9 Comments

DL-R is that dual layer?

i used dvd+r to create my vaio recovery disks and it was succesful. I would suggest using another type of dvd just to be sure

Banned

are you using vaio recovery centre?

Original Poster

answer to both yes dual layer - thats what the guy at sony said to use - also yes using the recovery centre

Have you tried another disc?

Banned

try another brand disc,

there is a built in recovery partition also i have never bothered with the recovery dvd's just back up every once in a while

Original Poster

:roll:hoorah it works!! tried a cheap Tesco dvd and doing the recovery now - bit annoyed though the Sony guy told me to use Dual layer - cost me £10 for pack of 5 on E bay - perhaps they are faulty how can I tell??

christinemerlot;5468326

:roll:hoorah it works!! tried a cheap Tesco dvd and doing the recovery … :roll:hoorah it works!! tried a cheap Tesco dvd and doing the recovery now - bit annoyed though the Sony guy told me to use Dual layer - cost me £10 for pack of 5 on E bay - perhaps they are faulty how can I tell??

They don't work

Could just be compatibility issues, Try on another pc.

Original Poster

yeah thanks!! - just tried one again on my OH's desktop and he tried to record on them and it wouldn't work - will try to get my money back from the ebay buyer - thanks for all your help

it could be the disc, it could also your vaio dvd drive doesnt support the disc type you used
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Advice on claiming from Salford Council pot hole damage66
    2. Best watches under £500?55
    3. What shoes are these?33
    4. Samsung UE50MU6120KXXU or LG 55UJ630V34

See more discussions