Groups

Help needed with PC error

Hi, is there anybody who canadvise on the following PC error?

I've started getting the blue screen and following error codes when I boot up my PC:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

*** STOP : 0x0000000A (0x00000004, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x804FB041)

I've unplugged all the external hardware with the exception of the monitor but still get the error. Any ideas??

6 Comments

Any changes you made recently? New drivers, new memory etc and so on?
    Maybe even Windows update?

When did it last work?

What were you doing when the problem occurred?

Can you get into windows?

An IRQ (interrupt request) error is usually between hardware devices. If you can get to device manager (right click my computer, properties, system, device manager) you can see all the conflicts and on which devices.

What your seeing is the now infamous Blue Screen of Death.

As PhearFactor says is likely to be related to hardware, either new hardware/drivers that are not sitting well on your system. This could include anything from memory to a joystick.

Or it could be old hardware going faulty.

Check here: support.microsoft.com/kb/…063 and scroll down to the section entitled "Error occurs after Windows XP is already installed"

Banned

I used to get this error... and then one of my ram sticks broke...

centaurandrew;3567118

When did it last work?What were you doing when the problem occurred?Can … When did it last work?What were you doing when the problem occurred?Can you get into windows?An IRQ (interrupt request) error is usually between hardware devices. If you can get to device manager (right click my computer, properties, system, device manager) you can see all the conflicts and on which devices.

thnx:thumbsup:

mickydibble;3567223

thnx:thumbsup:

lol how come you're thanking me?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767530
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563843
      3. One thing you've forgotten2125
      4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691437

See more discussions