Groups

help needed with printer please!

i bought a hp photsmart c4580 at the weekend and i cant't get it working.
    it's supposed to be wireless through the router or cabled with the usb. the laptop that runs on vista home basic just doesn't seem to like it for some reason. i ave gone through the installation process several times and it says cannot find specified path or it says printer not wireless copmpatible or something like that, so i tried to connect it with the usb and the same thing. i tried downloading a driver from hp in case i had the wrong one suppied, but still no luck.
    so, this morning i rang the hp helpline and i was told to disable everything except microsoft in case the firewall or virus checker was blocking it, but still no joy. is there something else which could be blocking it?
    to make sure it wasn't the printer, i tried it on the desktop pc which is running on xp, and it worked straight away.
    i know this has been a long winded story, but any help or tips to make the thing work would be most appreciated!
    Fenny

3 Comments

mayb u need to download up to date drivers??? try hp website?? we got the c5280 and had to install chipset drivers....?? not sayin that is what it is but worth investigatin???

Original Poster

moneytree;5984582

mayb u need to download up to date drivers??? try hp website?? we got the … mayb u need to download up to date drivers??? try hp website?? we got the c5280 and had to install chipset drivers....?? not sayin that is what it is but worth investigatin???

forgivemy ignorance, but whats a chipset driver? :whistling:

erm??? not entirerly sure??? i had to google it ??? and went on sum tech forumz??? it worked... if if works on pc then may b that something is missing from laptop?? please dont quote me though I am no expert at all.... just muddle thru when things dont work as they should.....
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767509
      2. GIVEAWAY - Clear out of duplicate CD Keys from Humble Bundle I have yet to …55
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691428
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553814

See more discussions