Groups

Help needed with PS3

So got one a few weeks ago, just plugged a hdmi cable into it, and now the picture keeps flickering ever 20 seconds or so - really annoying

plus the internet speed of the playstation browser is terrible

any advice on the issues?

9 Comments

The flicker sounds like you need to change the 'hz' input... Our tv adjusted it automatically once we plugged in and confirmed if we wanted to keep it that way or try a lower 'hz' rate?

Not sure about the internet thing?

is the HDMI configured as "auto" , or have you tried manually setting the res / refresh ?
    Do you have another HDMI cable you can try?

Is the Playstation using wireless internet? if so try plugging it directly into your router with an ethernet cable, as you could have contention on the wireless frequency. You could also change the "channel" the wireless networking is on. Try 12 or 3, as the are rarely used.

Original Poster

not sure about the cable, i guess it must be auto

how would i change the hz settings?

roryk83;8140900

not sure about the cable, i guess it must be autohow would i change the … not sure about the cable, i guess it must be autohow would i change the hz settings?

If you go into the Settings/display/hdmi and change it from auto..

Original Poster

djfluff;8140921

If you go into the Settings/display/hdmi and change it from auto..

Tried going into Picture (its an LG tv), turning off the auto but it wont let me :x

roryk83;8140976

Tried going into Picture (its an LG tv), turning off the auto but it wont … Tried going into Picture (its an LG tv), turning off the auto but it wont let me :x

The settings will be on the Ps3, not the TV :thumbsup:

djfluff;8140990

The settings will be on the Ps3, not the TV :thumbsup:

And plug out the HDMI cable before you attempt to change the settings...:thumbsup:

Original Poster

I turned it off before because I didnt have the time to fix it, turned it back on now and it seems fine

actually, scrap that, its flickering again and its taken 150 mins to download an update for need for speed

got to say the xbox is a lot easier to just plug in and play

roryk83;8144099

I turned it off before because I didnt have the time to fix it, turned it … I turned it off before because I didnt have the time to fix it, turned it back on now and it seems fineactually, scrap that, its flickering again and its taken 150 mins to download an update for need for speedgot to say the xbox is a lot easier to just plug in and play

Did you try any of my suggestions ??
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'31449
      2. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1316
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047110
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7121344

See more discussions