Groups

Help needed with renaming MP3s please

Hi

I am hoping someone can help, or point me in the right direction for the correct software please.

I have put a lot of my MP3s into My Music folder, and created my own folders within them.
    At the front of each MP3 title, a lot of them have the track number. (although not all) - Is there anyway that I can batch remove the track number, so that the title of the MP3 is just the song & artist.

I can write click and rename and then delete the track number, but that would take forever! so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

4 Comments

Here's one option that I use to rename dvdrips of tv series : fauland.com/af5…htm

Original Poster

Hi Shengis

I have tried that, but still cannot work out how to remove the track number from the start of the file! i.e. 01 Angels - Robbie WIlliams
    to Angels - Robbie Williams

Also some tracks have ' -' between the song and artist and some dont..so am at a loss

What you can do is use the drop downs so for example....

01 - Dire Straits - Money for nothing.mp3

Use Left 6-

and it'll rename the file from character 6 to the end of the current filename. Not very clear I know, it's easier to see it in action than explain. I do use another program for MP3 renaming but it's not free : Tag & Rename. You can use the ID3 data to build the filename to how you want it with that.

softpointer.com/tr.htm

It is available from 'other sources' obviously.....

Original Poster

Hi Shengis

Thanks for your help..I persevered and have now worked it out! Your a darling! :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?68
      2. Tooth extraction55
      3. Localphone VOIP long distance app broken (not ios11 compatible)23
      4. Budget gaming pc with capability of overclock ?38

See more discussions