Groups

Help needed with SKY TV!

We're looking to get a new package with SKY - looking to get SKY+.

I want one box in the living room and also one in the main bedroom so that we can watch two different things at the same time.

If we have a SKY+ box downstairs and a standard box in the bedroom, how can I record something on the SKY+ box and watch that program upstairs? Are there any workarounds to this?

17 Comments

hi there i can use refer a friend to interduce you and you will get free sky box+

Original Poster

badesha;6567798

hi there i can use refer a friend to interduce you and you will get free … hi there i can use refer a friend to interduce you and you will get free sky box+

Thanks, but my mother-in-law will be referring us so she can get those all important vouchers!

TheMafia;6567812

If we have a SKY+ box downstairs and a standard box in the bedroom, how … If we have a SKY+ box downstairs and a standard box in the bedroom, how can I record something on the SKY+ box and watch that program upstairs? Are there any workarounds to this?

Other than using a video sender or running a coaxial cable and using a magic eye - "no"

alright

Original Poster

Robotochan;6567830

Other than using a video sender or running a coaxial cable and using a … Other than using a video sender or running a coaxial cable and using a magic eye - "no"

That sounds complicated - so is it a question of just having two SKY+ boxes, one in each room?

Can I buy a second hand SKY+ box and stick the bedroom SKY card in that rather than having two new SKY+ boxes?

TheMafia;6567874

That sounds complicated - so is it a question of just having two SKY+ … That sounds complicated - so is it a question of just having two SKY+ boxes, one in each room?Can I buy a second hand SKY+ box and stick the bedroom SKY card in that rather than having two new SKY+ boxes?

yes

Original Poster

tonyg1962;6567887

yes

To both questions matey?

Well, you could but you'd need someone to install a 2nd cable for the bedroom Sky+ as it requires 2 cables from the dish, could always try sweet talk the engineer

As above you will need two sky+ boxes and a dual cable to each box,the engineer will probably do this if you ask nice,You will have to pay the extra ten pounds a month for the second card ,

Robotochan;6567899

Well, you could but you'd need someone to install a 2nd cable for the … Well, you could but you'd need someone to install a 2nd cable for the bedroom Sky+ as it requires 2 cables from the dish, could always try sweet talk the engineer

thats what I done Robotochan:thumbsup: the guy ran the extra cable from sky dish through to bedroom as I had a sky+ box.......

bossyboots;6568068

thats what I done Robotochan:thumbsup: the guy ran the extra cable from … thats what I done Robotochan:thumbsup: the guy ran the extra cable from sky dish through to bedroom as I had a sky+ box.......

Yes I bet he did :whistling: Did he then put it in your box :w00t:

renown;6568127

Yes I bet he did :whistling: Did he then put it in your box :w00t:

actually Mr Renown he did.......................twice - in both bedrooms ;-) took him ages as well

Original Poster

tonyg1962;6567931

As above you will need two sky+ boxes and a dual cable to each box,the … As above you will need two sky+ boxes and a dual cable to each box,the engineer will probably do this if you ask nice,You will have to pay the extra ten pounds a month for the second card ,

Yeah I was expecting to pay the multi-room premium per month for the extra card, I just wanted to double check that the second card can be put into a SKY+ box that I already have!

If you are getting sky+ in living room and standard sky in bedroom then just watch it in bed, or get the sky + box put into the bedroom and have the normal one downstairs.

Original Poster

vickywil5;6576268

If you are getting sky+ in living room and standard sky in bedroom then … If you are getting sky+ in living room and standard sky in bedroom then just watch it in bed, or get the sky + box put into the bedroom and have the normal one downstairs.

Thing is, the missus will want to record the soaps whereas I will want to record the footy!!

TheMafia;6579787

Thing is, the missus will want to record the soaps whereas I will want to … Thing is, the missus will want to record the soaps whereas I will want to record the footy!!

Do what I done and got sky + hd in living room and sky+ in one of the bedrooms, and they gave me the sky + box for free but it is an extra £10 per month but I think it is worth it

i have a sky + box id do for 40 delivered
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4542123
      2. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp1122
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27120
      4. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546

See more discussions