Expired

Help needed with Telephone Caller display units. Anybody phone savvy?

Found 3rd Nov 2009
I am trying to find a caller display unit that will work on an extension line. I have a Panasonic KX-T206 and was considering the Geemarc Clearview Cordless Display unit in the next post but Geemarc cannot tell me if it will work or not. If this will not work can anyone recommend one that will. Thanks in advance.

6 Comments

Why wouldn't it work on an extension?

Buy it, try it & if it doesnt work, send it back (or buy a phone with call ID)

Original Poster

I've already tried a basic BT caller display unit and it only works on the master sockets, not on extension sockets through the KX-T206, which is a phone system that lets you run 2 phone lines to 6 extension sockets as well as automatically screening for incoming faxes and has a built in intercom facility from extension to extension. It is a phone system used by many small businesses but it seems that the caller ID doesnt get beyond the main unit as this in effect answers the incoming call before sending it on to an extension after screening to see if it is a fax. No disrespect to anybody, but if you dont know this phone system you wont be able to answer my question.

Caller ID in my general from my findings, (as an Openreach CSE) doesn't like systems

kingy58;6775111

I've already tried a basic BT caller display unit and it only works on … I've already tried a basic BT caller display unit and it only works on the master sockets, not on extension sockets through the KX-T206.

The user manual for the KX-T206E telephone switchboard makes no mention of a Caller ID feature, hence it is likely not supported.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.