Help needed with windows updates

9 replies
Found 6th Aug 2010
My computer hasnt windows updated since april, every few days it comes up and says 18 new important updates available,

so i click on update and it gets to 15% completed then says unable to install important updates code error 80072EFD,

then its gives you a link to the possible problem solutions, im not very good on computers and dont really understand the jargon,

so could someone please explain in plain english how to fix it and get the updates to install again?

thanks in advance.

9 Comments

I would suggest trying to install them seperatly then you can see which update(s) you are having problems with then come back to it. Then at least your computer should be mostly up to date and protected.

Vista?

If so then this appears to be a working solution from this thread: Update error

1. Click the "Start" Button, click "All programs", and click "Accessories".
2. Right-click “Command Prompt” Run as administrator". If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. Type "netsh winhttp reset proxy" (without quotes) at the command prompt, and press Enter.
4. Try the update again.

It's dead easy, give it a go.

Original Poster

I tried individually but it wouldnt install any, cheers

yeh its vista, cheers

Try it and let us know if itworks.

Original Poster

deek tried your solution, the admin command came up with 'direct access (no proxy server)' so i tried doing it again but it failed on 15% again?

rockerfella20

deek tried your solution, the admin command came up with 'direct access … deek tried your solution, the admin command came up with 'direct access (no proxy server)' so i tried doing it again but it failed on 15% again?

That's me out then X)

It did work for a few in that thread.

Soz.

Original Poster

im trying a few individually but it wont down load any, was this a common fault?

Original Poster

had a look at that link maurauder thanks and i think i have read a similar thing before when i was last trying to fix it, but to be honest im a bit simple when it comes to computers and what ever i do would proberly make matters worse! I might have to see if i can get someone to look at it....
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Misco about to go into administration1013
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…1834
    3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2687
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769304

See more discussions