Groups

Help needed - Xbox (original) softmods etc

I normally read up on these things myself but i cant be bothered right now lol....So far i have a xbox with unleashx v0.38 (softmod) with someone else set up. I do not have the tools to apply the splinter cell or 007 hack again and i want to upgrade the HDD currently on there with a fresh setup i can easily customise. My HDD is a western digital WD1600BB and i have acces to a pc with xp media center and a laptop with vista to ftp from....Detailed help appreciated...Thanks!

15 Comments

Original Poster

i need torx 10 and 20 to open my xbox correct?

Original Poster

Bump....really need some quick help please!

Hey fella, I'll see if I can dig out a suitable guide - I don't have much exp with soft mods but if the console is already soft modded then it shouldn't be too much hassle.

Original Poster

Cheers mate! i found this.....think its any good? forums.afterdawn.com/thr…286 (not sure if im allowed to link to other forum tuts...?.)

Yes you will definitely need those screwdrivers :thumbsup:

Found the thread (well worth a read of the whole forum, all very helpful) - gives you all available options Lot of reading to do but it's worth getting it right as you don't want HDD problems like I've got on a modded console that I bought.

forums.xbox-scene.com/ind…887

modding the xbox can be a world of hurt - if you dont do your research - i know from past experiences.
    no other way really - you got to read up on it....unless you have a mate with a modded (chipped) XBOX - it can be easier 'prepared' that way.
    my advice would be to work with what you have...do not reinvent the wheel here if you dont have the time or inclination. make sure you have your eeprom saved elsewhere.
    check my aftredawn link i sent a few days ago - that will help you again locate all those needed 'files'

good luck

Original Poster

Cheers everyone....so i used xboxhdm to upgrade the hdd with the contents of my old hdd....worked fine but when i stuck it in it booted up the original ms dashboard and i have no way to apply the softmod again....i see all the saves are intact including the unleashx dashboard! So where have i gone wrong lol?

Original Poster

ahh damn im screwed then? Any other way i can upgrade my hdd without having to apply the softmod again?

h2k92;4829825

ahh damn im screwed then? Any other way i can upgrade my hdd without … ahh damn im screwed then? Any other way i can upgrade my hdd without having to apply the softmod again?

I'm downloading evox at the moment, i'll have a tinker and let you know how i get on

Original Poster

fwibble;4829838

I'm downloading evox at the moment, i'll have a tinker and let you know … I'm downloading evox at the moment, i'll have a tinker and let you know how i get on

Thanks fwibble

MEGA EDIT: i think i found a solution....should i use the xboxhdm in conjuction with the NDURE mod?....

let me get this straight...
    the xbox has a new (upgraded) HDD in or a stock (8gb) old one? I'm guessing a new one here.
    if the game saves are on the HDD (which i think is the case) then the only way to run the soft mod again is to run the splinter cell game (easily found) and then activate the gamesave to launch the mod. this is the easiest way.
    i am interested to see how you get on...

Original Poster

Im going to try the Ndure hack right now and see what happens...will rebuild HDD from scratch now...

Original Poster

Ok so after hours of stress and to be honest my own laziness for not paying the xbox scene any attention i finally got it running using the "ndure" exploit in conjuction with xboxhdm....thanks everyone!

feckin result.
    well done.

Original Poster

cifa;4831978

feckin result. well done.

Thanks mate.....most tedious thing ive ever done as my pc was acting up and not reading disks...;-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?32175
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764365
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846231
      4. The State on Ch411

See more discussions