Expired

Help needed Xperia z2 counter blocked - phone bought from here

Found 9th Oct 2014
To my surprise I have recieved a z2 which has counter blocked also called hard locked. It was bought from here from member "TheAppleGeezer" with 21 positive feedback and was described as new sealed & unlocked. I have msged seller several times but no response even as I can see he is online and getting the msgs/posting in threads. I am really stressed as payment done via PPG. Have reported to MOD.

I dont want to dispute with him but want the phone to work or get my money back. does anyone know about sony phones and counter blocked. Some research on google said the phone cannot be unlocked but there must be a solution. When I got it I tried all network sims 3,o2,orange,tmobile,vod but got same message: "enter network sim unlock". Then through google i searched for advanced setting which has [x] network: 0 which means counter blocked.

My main 2 questions are: how can i find out which network phone is locked on ? And how to find out if phone is stolen/lost? I can use checkmend for the latter but a little help from seller would be welcomed.

Just thinking on worst case scenario if i can get something for the phone if blocked/stolen - can i recycle the phone for some money, or claim insurance with Nationwide flexplus account that I hold for damaged phone ? thanks
Community Updates
15 Comments
Sloth/Mod
Hi, a mod has flagged for a response from the seller. They were last showing online as of 2 minutes ago. I will send them a reminder. Please let me know if you don't receive any contact
Original Poster
Syzable

Hi, a mod has flagged for a response from the seller. They were last … Hi, a mod has flagged for a response from the seller. They were last showing online as of 2 minutes ago. I will send them a reminder. Please let me know if you don't receive any contact

Thanks for your help, I am willing to cooperate with seller and have been waiting for a response from him since last night but nothing yet. Can mod maybe provide details of seller like address,phone, ipaddress etc
Edited by: "danib" 9th Oct 2014
danib

Thanks for your help, I am willing to cooperate with seller and have been … Thanks for your help, I am willing to cooperate with seller and have been waiting for a response from him since last night but nothing yet. Can mod maybe provide details of seller like address,phone, ipaddress etc

A member for over 6 years but you haven't yet had time to read the rules oO

It's your responsibility to ask for (and check) the details of seller before proceeding with a deal

hotukdeals.com/for…512
Original Poster
teambintip

A member for over 6 years but you haven't yet had time to read the rules … A member for over 6 years but you haven't yet had time to read the rules oOIt's your responsibility to ask for (and check) the details of seller before proceeding with a dealhttp://www.hotukdeals.com/for-sale-trade/updated-hotukdeals-for-sale-forum-rules-63512

Yes I know but looking at the feedback history & communication from the seller I thought this will be a smooth transaction; I was not aware the seller was going todo this.
Sloth/Mod
danib

Thanks for your help, I am willing to cooperate with seller and have been … Thanks for your help, I am willing to cooperate with seller and have been waiting for a response from him since last night but nothing yet. Can mod maybe provide details of seller like address,phone, ipaddress etc

We don't hold any personal details such as that and would never ask for them i'm afraid.
Original Poster
Syzable

We don't hold any personal details such as that and would never ask for … We don't hold any personal details such as that and would never ask for them i'm afraid.

Please can you advice what I do then?
Edited by: "danib" 9th Oct 2014
from my experience xperia phone from virgin comes locked with no option to put unlock code.
Original Poster
Thanks I will try virgin as a last attempt.

I will also get a checkmend report done to clear some details. Will post the results here.
It just sounds network locked to me and in need of an unlocking code
Original Poster
the porter

It just sounds network locked to me and in need of an unlocking code

Well the counter is blocked so even with the right code it will not work now.
danib

Well the counter is blocked so even with the right code it will not work … Well the counter is blocked so even with the right code it will not work now.

*if* it was locked to a network and requires a network unlock code then some phone do limit the number of attempts that can be made before a hardware nlock is required.

When it was sold as new and sealed - was it actually delivered in a sealed condition?

EliTom
Edited by: "elitom" 9th Oct 2014
Original Poster
elitom

*if* it was locked to a network and requires a network unlock code then … *if* it was locked to a network and requires a network unlock code then some phone do limit the number of attempts that can be made before a hardware nlock is required.When it was sold as new and sealed - was it actually delivered in a sealed condition?EliTom

No it was not in a sealed condition, the boxed was opened and phone did not turn on as it would the first time with setup. Need to findout which network its on?
Could he possibly reported it as stolen?
have you tried a checkmend search?

EliTom
Original Poster
Thanks all for your help. Have resolved with seller. Will send phone to sony repair center.

Mod pls expire
Edited by: "danib" 10th Oct 2014
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants