Groups

Help Needed...with Ipod Touch

i bought this: cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/…dll?ViewItem&item=270450915348&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

usb mains charger adapter for my ipod touch, i plugged it in it blew and now my ipod is completely dead. tried hard reset but nothing....can any one help please....

It clearly says on the listing that this is compatible with the touch hence me buying it but its killed my ipod...

is there any way i can claim the money off the seller!!!

18 Comments

No is the answer!

I use one of these to charge my ipod touch and it works fine? :?

any warranty left, try claiming through that

technically yes but this is ebay. no rules apply

ive bought numerous wall chargers for my ipod and none of worked. not surprised for the couple of quid theyve cost me

Original Poster

so i guess my touch is dead now no way to repair it??

It says the output voltage is
    Output: DC8V -12v,1000mA
    but USB should be 5v,
    email the seller first and if you get no joy open up a dispute with paypal,

Original Poster

tonyg1962;6268251

It says the output voltage isOutput: DC8V -12v,1000mAbut USB should be … It says the output voltage isOutput: DC8V -12v,1000mAbut USB should be 5v,email the seller first and if you get no joy open up a dispute with paypal,

yes i've just emailed him/her..see what response i get.

102 negative feedbacks in last month,
    Oh dear,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Original Poster

tonyg1962;6268261

102 negative feedbacks in last month,Oh dear,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

doesn't sound good....:-(

tonyg1962;6268251

It says the output voltage isOutput: DC8V -12v,1000mAbut USB should be … It says the output voltage isOutput: DC8V -12v,1000mAbut USB should be 5v,email the seller first and if you get no joy open up a dispute with paypal,

LOL...Wow....OP, you must have fried your IPOD Touch!!!! Hopefully the warranty will take care of that and like other reply states. File dispute with paypal on the above basis as it is a significantly not as described item.

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;6268305

LOL...Wow....OP, you must have fried your IPOD Touch!!!! Hopefully the … LOL...Wow....OP, you must have fried your IPOD Touch!!!! Hopefully the warranty will take care of that and like other reply states. File dispute with paypal on the above basis as it is a significantly not as described item.:)

i bought the touch off ebay so do not have any warranty documents or anything is there anyway i can check the warranty info from using the serial number...

btw i've got the touch connected to my laptop right now...and its pretty hot where the usb connection is so it's charging it....but the screen doesnt come on...!!!;-)

Forest_Gump;6268332

i bought the touch off ebay so do not have any warranty documents or … i bought the touch off ebay so do not have any warranty documents or anything is there anyway i can check the warranty info from using the serial number...btw i've got the touch connected to my laptop right now...and its pretty hot where the usb connection is so it's charging it....but the screen doesnt come on...!!!;-)

Check the warranty status here dude selfsolve.apple.com/Get….do

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;6268344

Check the warranty status here dude … Check the warranty status here dude https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

Cheers mate

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;6268344

Check the warranty status here dude … Check the warranty status here dude https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

got warranty till 09-Dec-09....now do i tell the truth as to how it got damaged or....?

Forest_Gump;6268368

got warranty till 09-Dec-09....now do i tell the truth as to how it got … got warranty till 09-Dec-09....now do i tell the truth as to how it got damaged or....?

just say you attached it via USB:thumbsup:

Forest_Gump;6268368

got warranty till 09-Dec-09....now do i tell the truth as to how it got … got warranty till 09-Dec-09....now do i tell the truth as to how it got damaged or....?

Tell the truth with Apple? you mad ? LOL.....nooooooooooooooo

well, yes, you limit the truth that you tell them....you tell them your ipod has died....and that the screen isnt operating any more...do NOT tell them you purchased a usb plug from ebay.

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;6268385

Tell the truth with Apple? you mad ? LOL.....nooooooooooooooowell, yes, … Tell the truth with Apple? you mad ? LOL.....nooooooooooooooowell, yes, you limit the truth that you tell them....you tell them your ipod has died....and that the screen isnt operating any more...do NOT tell them you purchased a usb plug from ebay.

LOL just sent a service request to Apple, lets see what happens.

Thanks very much for all the replies. Much appreciated.

Forest_Gump;6268446

LOL just sent a service request to Apple, lets see what happens. Thanks … LOL just sent a service request to Apple, lets see what happens. Thanks very much for all the replies. Much appreciated.

I hope you get it sorted, I would be gutted!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions