Groups

HELP: Nokia 1208 Is not turning on.

My spare phone which I received yesterday from 'rhubex' and it doesn't seem to turn on, it has been on charge all night and is still on charge.

So my question is:
    Has this happened to anyone, if so is there any way round it/ a solution?

Regards, Farhad.

15 Comments

Take the battery out give phone and battery contacts a blow out, replace and then thank me for my helpful advice

Original Poster

battery contacts?
    jonny619447

Take the battery out give phone and battery contacts a blow out, replace … Take the battery out give phone and battery contacts a blow out, replace and then thank me for my helpful advice

Yeah, just take battery out and give battery contacts and phone contacts a blow out. May not work, but worth a go for the few seconds it will take

Original Poster

I obviously did that.

mumbojumbo

Banned

It's a Nokia 1208. Buy a new one. Its an embarassing phone, I'm surprised you dared to post. Have you no shame?

Banned

they all use better phones in the third world......serious

send it back to 'rhubex'

come to think of it i think thats how they pronounce 'rubbish'....serious
    Edited by: "casparwhite" 9th Feb 2011

Original Poster

Its only a spare phone, not going to spend loads on it... I bought it BN Sealed from rhubex.

vibeone

It's a Nokia 1208. Buy a new one. Its an embarassing phone, I'm … It's a Nokia 1208. Buy a new one. Its an embarassing phone, I'm surprised you dared to post. Have you no shame?

When you was charging it, are you sure the plug socket switch was turned to "on"? (_;)

Original Poster

Yes, obvo it was turned 'on' from the mains.

Then in my expert opinion... Its cream crackered.

When you was charging it, did it indicate on screen that it was charging?

Original Poster

Nope

In that case, it may well be the charger, borrow another Nokia charger (extremely common) and see if that works.

vibeone

It's a Nokia 1208. Buy a new one. Its an embarassing phone, I'm … It's a Nokia 1208. Buy a new one. Its an embarassing phone, I'm surprised you dared to post. Have you no shame?

Do not underestimate. it's a good phone but no Iphone. (Iphone 4 16GB owner)

Original Poster

No.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game72844174
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?33198
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764390
      4. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?79

See more discussions