Help O2 wont repair my sony experia xz

Found 20th Aug 2017
Hi everyone im hoping someone can help.Bought the phone 5 weeks ago and have only used the lead supplied by O2 i should say its a refresh deal deal and iv bought the phone outright and cancelled the airtime contract..The charging port wont connect with the lead its loose and phone has been taking days to recharge. Sent off for repair and got a phone call yesterday saying its not under warrentty and i will have to pay £46.to sort it not very happy can anyone offer any advice thank you in advance
Community Updates
Ask
29 Comments
Don't get products through loopholes and expect the company to help maybe.
catbeans5 m ago

This and also if you did need a repair get Sony to do it
Have you tried a new cable ?
Original Poster
kester761 h, 33 m ago

Have you tried a new cable ?

Hi yes its the charger port thats faulty thanks
Original Poster
JimBobJr3 h, 11 m ago

This and also if you did need a repair get Sony to do it

Actually its not a loophole you are allowed to do it and at end of the day i have bought and paid for a product that is faulty but thank you for your help
as the above poster said, you have been rumbled i am afraid. just cough up the money.
Raise a claim under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, If anything you buy develops a fault in the first 6 months, Its down to the seller to prove it wasn't faulty at the time of sale, after 6 months the burden of proof is with you.

Also raise a complaint with them, if they don't resolve it to your satisfaction, you have the right to seek alternative resolution and O2 are a member of the Ombudsman.

Just be polite, tell them what you want as a resolution and stay calm, good luck
Original Poster
Thanks for the advice. Im always polite when dealing with people.
Original Poster
Rumbled why is that then the goods bought are faulty as for the way i bought the phone its legal and if O2 thought otherwise they would not sell the phone.
mutley11 h, 27 m ago

as the above poster said, you have been rumbled i am afraid. just cough …as the above poster said, you have been rumbled i am afraid. just cough up the money.

Thanks for the advice. Im always polite when dealing with people.
Ignore the idiots, toddy.

You purchased a product, completely legally. You have every right to a repair as the product you purchased is faulty.

Edit a template complaint letter and send it to mark.evans@telefonica.com; that's the email address for O2's CEO ('s team of assistants).
mutley11 h, 30 m ago

as the above poster said, you have been rumbled i am afraid. just cough …as the above poster said, you have been rumbled i am afraid. just cough up the money.

Please think before you comment.

Also, with your miraculously self-repairing car, you perhaps shouldn't be throwing stones so close to your glass houses...
catbeans7 h, 36 m ago

O2 refresh deals are as much a loophole as BOGOF deals at your local supermarket.
Try thinking before you make snidey comments?
toddy14 m ago

Rumbled why is that then the goods bought are faulty as for the way i …Rumbled why is that then the goods bought are faulty as for the way i bought the phone its legal and if O2 thought otherwise they would not sell the phone.Thanks for the advice. Im always polite when dealing with people.

i doubt that they intended for air time to be cancelled as air time is often used to subsidise the cost of the phone. this is probably why they say that the phone is not under warranty as you no longer have a contract with them.

your contract now is with sony, the phone manufacturer so you will need to get sony to repair the phone under their 12 months warranty rather than O2. i don't know how easy it is to contact sony and get your phone to their repair centre. it may cost more than the money that O2 is asking from you.
mutley12 m ago

i doubt that they intended for air time to be cancelled as air time is …i doubt that they intended for air time to be cancelled as air time is often used to subsidise the cost of the phone. this is probably why they say that the phone is not under warranty as you no longer have a contract with them.your contract now is with sony, the phone manufacturer so you will need to get sony to repair the phone under their 12 months warranty rather than O2. i don't know how easy it is to contact sony and get your phone to their repair centre. it may cost more than the money that O2 is asking from you.

Mutley obviously has me on ignore.

"Ignore" everything they are typing as it is incorrect tripe
i never deal with my mobile phone provider i always put it straight to sony as it has 2 year warranty with them and thats worth more than putting it to some random repairer to me..just have to provide proof of purchase..
you can go here book it in and then be ready to post tomorrow..there customer service is second to none .. its free to send too.. ive never been charged with an in warrenty repair even when they could have argued it was my fault screen broke..
support.sonymobile.com/gb/…ir/
Edited by: "sheps" 20th Aug 2017
mutley16 m ago

i doubt that they intended for air time to be cancelled as air time is …i doubt that they intended for air time to be cancelled as air time is often used to subsidise the cost of the phone. this is probably why they say that the phone is not under warranty as you no longer have a contract with them.your contract now is with sony, the phone manufacturer so you will need to get sony to repair the phone under their 12 months warranty rather than O2. i don't know how easy it is to contact sony and get your phone to their repair centre. it may cost more than the money that O2 is asking from you.

its 24 months with all sony mobiles .. has been for years..
mutley135 m ago

How can he have a contract with Sony ? he never had any dealings with them, his contract is and will remain with O2.
It's O2 who have the contract with Sony or where ever they source their handsets.
PKRichie14 m ago

How can he have a contract with Sony ? he never had any dealings with …How can he have a contract with Sony ? he never had any dealings with them, his contract is and will remain with O2.It's O2 who have the contract with Sony or where ever they source their handsets.

irrelevant of o2 i know who'd i'd rather fix my phone... and as sony will deal with you direct i personally still advice op cuts out middle man follows link above, books it in and then can post it free to them tomorrow.. it will be fixed and back before the week is out unless they are particularly busy.
Edited by: "sheps" 20th Aug 2017
PKRichie27 m ago

How can he have a contract with Sony ? he never had any dealings with …How can he have a contract with Sony ? he never had any dealings with them, his contract is and will remain with O2.It's O2 who have the contract with Sony or where ever they source their handsets.

Manufacturers have a warranty of 12 months for their goods so they have an obligation to the purchaser to repair their products if a fault occur within this statutory period. The seller does not have to repair the product, only the manufacturer.
mutley112 m ago

Manufacturers have a warranty of 12 months for their goods so they have an …Manufacturers have a warranty of 12 months for their goods so they have an obligation to the purchaser to repair their products if a fault occur within this statutory period. The seller does not have to repair the product, only the manufacturer.

You are a complete imbecile!

Please, someone, stop this fool from posting this garbage!
Erubadhron15 m ago

You are a complete imbecile!Please, someone, stop this fool from posting …You are a complete imbecile!Please, someone, stop this fool from posting this garbage!

If you dont stop calling me names, i will report you. I have not been rude and nasty in my replies to this post so show some control man.
mutley13 m ago

If you dont stop calling me names, i will report you. I have not been …If you dont stop calling me names, i will report you. I have not been rude and nasty in my replies to this post so show some control man.

I may not have been particularly polite, but I was under the impression you had me on Ignore.
As for showing control, show some intelligence!
This chap has been sold a faulty product and you're telling him complete nonsense.

If you don't know what you're talking about, consider stopping!
why are you arguing about something i'm sure you both know is nothing more than something certain retailers and manufacturers are well known to do no matter if it is a washing machine or a mobile phone... same shit ... it happens needlessly with some companies regularly no matter what the law says they still try pull this one for any reason let alone where the case is slightly complicated by ending a contract early... i simply refuse to deal with companies who do just that and are known to do so.. .. wish more would do the same and then they would soon wise up when we stop buying from companies like them who don't always have good after care in such situations..

as for sony they one of the good guys and will be more than happy to help op out...
Erubadhron3 h, 28 m ago

O2 refresh deals are as much a loophole as BOGOF deals at your local …O2 refresh deals are as much a loophole as BOGOF deals at your local supermarket.Try thinking before you make snidey comments?

BOGOF is a straight up deal the terms are clear, are you really comparing that to purposefully taking out a contract with specific terms and cancelling to get a cheap phone? The only way they compare is if you 'BOGOF' then returned one and got your money back. Come on dude, I'm not saying dont do it, just dont expect the company to be happy about it.
Edited by: "catbeans" 20th Aug 2017
Their happiness is irrelevant, me old mucker...
They have a legal obligation that the OP will be holding them to
Original Poster
Thanks for all the advice the manager phoned me this morning and said they would fix the phone. So iv not had to argue the point with her,
Again thanks for all the helpful posts much appreciated
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants