Groups

Help! OMG My laptop's infected again!

Arghhh this program called AntiVirus Vista 2010 has made it's way on my system and i'm getting fake alerts every second telling me to register the software and saying my firewalls off etc, I dont want any of my programs or info being taken so what can I do except a system reset? I'm not so computer tech friendly tbh, I installed Spyware Doctor with Anti Virus ezinearticles.com/?Ho…255

this has picked up whats wrong but I'm not too sure I trust the program?

Any help would be muchly appreciated!

12 Comments

Give this article a read: bleepingcomputer.com/vir…010

A trusted website and they use a trusted program. Maybe run the scan in safe mode too..
    How to get into safe mode: computerhope.com/iss…htm

edit:
    Oh and for future protection make sure you have antivirus and antispyware software installed. Keep it up to date and do regular full system scans with it. Also, if you use Internet Explorer, keep it up to date with Windows Update or switch to Mozilla Firefox, Opera or Google Chrome. Spyware exploits bugs in IE and other vulnerable browsers so keeping your browser up to date is just as important as keeping antivirus updated.

Try and keep everything else up to date as well. My girlfriend had her laptop infected by something which exploited a vulnerability in Quicktime (or it may have been Adobe Flash) so its not just browsers hackers look for exploits in..

I had this it kept turning my pc off so i did a reset.

Hi,

I'd use this software found here malwarebytes.org/ it's free and it always works a treat for me whenever I get any of that stuff happening.
    Remember to let it run an update before it runs once installed as a lot of the malware stops this software from updating.

You'll more than likely find hundreds of things up the first time you run it but don't panic.

Hi i had this problem a few days ago this is what i did Hope it helps!

Stop these Vista Antivirus 2010 processes:
    av2010.exe
    AntivirusPro2010.exe
    AV2010Install.exe
    ieupdates.exe

Remove these Vista Antivirus 2010 Registry Entries:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\W… “Vista Antivirus 2010”
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Vista Antivirus 2010
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\… Antivirus 2010
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Vista Antivirus 2010

Remove these Vista Antivirus 2010 files:
    av2010.exe
    AntivirusPro2010.exe
    AV2010Install.exe
    ieupdates.exe
    System Root%\Samples
    User Profile%\Local Settings\Temp
    Program Files%\Vista Antivirus 2010
    Program Files%\LabelCommand
    Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Vista Antivirus 2010
    Documents and Settings%\All Users\Application Data\Vista Antivirus 2010

First of all try this:
    xp-vista.com/rem…010

Next do a spyware scan with a-squared free: emsisoft.com/en/…ee/ - that's really good at removing spyware and as it's not one of the better known ones the spyware programs don't usually know how to disable it.

Original Poster

thanks alot everyone trying some of these solutions now if cant fix will be forced to reset again

if you got a hsbc account, you can get mcafee internet security for free via online banking. the program is great, stops the spyware from reaching your computer and gets rid of it.

Start the computer in 'safe mode' and install Malwarebytes and run it in safe mode. Then restart.

richx45;7785080

I'd use one of the following, as they are by far best for the job in … I'd use one of the following, as they are by far best for the job in hand! AVGhttp://download.cnet.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-Free-Edition/3000-2239_4-10320142.html?tag=mncolMalwarebytes Anti-Malwarehttp://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.htmlor Spybothttp://download.cnet.com/Spybot-Search-amp-Destroy/3000-8022_4-10122137.html?tag=mncolThey will help you get rid of it ASAP!

agree with the second two but not AVG free.
    very poor detection rates and more of a resource hog than Norton now.

Microsoft Security Essentials if you cant afford/dont want to pay.

Kaspersky or Eset if you do

slackrat77;7786758

Kaspersky or Eset if you do

If you are a Barclays online customer you can get Kaspersky for free:
    personal.barclays.co.uk/BRC…pfs
    otherwise look at Steganos, which uses the same antivirus engine as Kaspersky but is cheaper.

Banned

slackrat77;7786758

agree with the second two but not AVG free.very poor detection rates and … agree with the second two but not AVG free.very poor detection rates and more of a resource hog than Norton now.Microsoft Security Essentials if you cant afford/dont want to pay.Kaspersky or Eset if you do

+1

avg free is carp!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)61480
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2150
      3. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller33
      4. word association Game73944536

See more discussions