Groups

HELP ON BACK TO WORK ADVICE ANYONE????

Hi all you lovely people could anyone help me out on this benefit advice as I feel like crying cos no one can tell me as I've had tons of different stories! Basically my partner and I have been on income support as he fell sick last year and can't work, nothing major though. I found a job 3 weeks ago and started it. its only 16 hours a week which I wanted and hes at home tith the two kids.
    so I work 16 hours and pick up 92.80 then obviously get my child benefit and work and child tax credits then I have to pay money towards my rent of 68.00 and council tax of 19.32 which i know I have to put somthing towards them! Then theres school dinners which are 18.00 per week and my bus fare to work of 12.00
    but on looking at what we used to be on I'm nearly 40.00 out of pocket when the job center told me by going back to work i'd be 15.00 better off!!! I haven't been pushed by the job center to do this as I WANT TO GO BACK TO WORK! but this is taking the Pi** why isn't there any sort of help for me to go back to work on my own accord!!! help
    I have tried the entitled to site aswell, but does anyone know where I could go TODAY as if its not worth it Im obvioulsy not going in to work tomorrow although I'm really enjoying the job
    thanks all

90 Comments

Banned

are you sure your getting the right housing benefit, have you checked the figures you have given are the ones being used, as for the bus fair this obviously wasnt taken into account, neither where the childrens school meals by the looks of it

if you have only just returned to work, surely you still fall under job centre, could you not ring them

Banned

work full time and save tax payers money

ask you husband to work as well

you should be entitled to working tax credit
    direct.gov.uk/en/…537
    you can also claim a one off payment for clothes etc - you have to claim within first month of returning to work

ask in job centre what is available to you - plus get all info you can off website - print it off and take with you as some of our ''civil servants'' who work in these offices - dont know !!

if you do go back to work - ring tax office with your N>I number syaing you work at tesco whatever so you can get your tax sorted out straight away - you wont pay anything until next april -

dont say to jobcentre its not worth you working - some jobsworthy might take this further and you could get benefit stopped

good luck hon - let us know how you get on

Banned

holly did you actually read the op - lol

Banned

thiose figures dont sound right for housing benefit and council tax, how many children do you have?

Original Poster

gR8_mUndA;6618842

work full time and save tax payers moneyask you husband to work as well

Well I don't want to work full time and if you read what I said my partner can't work at the moment !
    But atleast I want to get off my backside and make a contribution
    I always knew there would be one smart one to put on a pathetic comment!:x

Banned

I cant believe the number of people encouraging OP to get more benefits rather asking to work full time and get a brighter future. Its just unbelievable.

Banned

gR8_mUndA;6618905

I cant believe the number of people encouraging OP to get more benefits … I cant believe the number of people encouraging OP to get more benefits rather asking to work full time and get a brighter future. Its just unbelievable.

because we dont all have the talent you have been given

Original Poster

sassie;6618897

thiose figures dont sound right for housing benefit and council tax, how … thiose figures dont sound right for housing benefit and council tax, how many children do you have?

I have two children 4 and 7

Also job center said I'm entitled to zero as the jobs only 16 hrs not 24 or over and I don;t get anything for finding my own job!!!:thinking:

Banned

camlen79;6618899

Well I don't want to work full time and if you read what I said my … Well I don't want to work full time and if you read what I said my partner can't work at the moment !But atleast I want to get off my backside and make a contribution I always knew there would be one smart one to put on a pathetic comment!:x

Not pathetic but simple, why not manage your self, to me claiming benefit is like begging for monthly money.

Dont think why your employer wont employ you full time or maybe get another part time.

Banned

jellybaby22;6618933

she has already said partner cant work......so ur advice was less than … she has already said partner cant work......so ur advice was less than helpful if u cant help the op with regards to the question....why bother posting ?????

I bother posting because she can work full time and make a better living. Quite simple.

gR8_mUndA;6618905

I cant believe the number of people encouraging OP to get more benefits … I cant believe the number of people encouraging OP to get more benefits rather asking to work full time and get a brighter future. Its just unbelievable.

For some people it's just not practical to go back to work full-time, and before you get on at me, yes I work part-time, my husband works full-time and we don't claim any benefits, but we are lucky that we are in a position to do this. Just because you are too there is no need to react in this way to someone who can't, she's explained that her husband can't work due to illness and rather than sit at home and claim benefits, the OP wanted to go back to work but if she's worse off doing this then where is the incentive? This is where the benefits system really breaks down and kind of implies that they pay too much in the first place but that's not the OP's fault.

Good for you getting off your bum and going back to work full-stop, more than a lot of benefit pushers would do and if 16hrs is what works for you then stick at it. Don't really know the ins and outs of benefits so can't advise, apart from get in touch with local benefits agency and your job centre again today to see if you can get anything sorted. Oh, and ignore annoying people like those above - Good luck.

gR8_mUndA;6618905

gR8_mUndA;6618925

Not pathetic but simple, why not manage your self, to me claiming benefit … Not pathetic but simple, why not manage your self, to me claiming benefit is like begging for monthly money.Dont think why your employer wont employ you full time or maybe get another part time.

Do those sentences make sense? Manager yourself? Dont think why your employer wont employ you?

Not helpful at all. Think one of the OPs problems is that a lot of the working tax credits are based on working over 30 hours (I think, the OH does all our family allowance, child tax credits etc).

First thing to do would be to scrap the school dinners and give your kids a packed lunch, that will save you a bit of money.

Are you not able to work more than 16hrs a week? Like you say, you'll be entitled to more if you do 24hrs, is that not an option?

Original Poster

gR8_mUndA;6618925

Not pathetic but simple, why not manager you self, to me claiming benefit … Not pathetic but simple, why not manager you self, to me claiming benefit is like begging for monthly money.Dont think why your employer wont employ you full time or maybe get another part time.

Obviously begging for money isn't your thing but u have to make ends meet and as I said my partnet can't work so i'm WILLING to go back to work so why have this go at me???
    and do tell me are you sitting in work now calling me fit to burn???? go and do your full time job then:x

Banned

i have just used entitled to and put in some rough figures, are you sure you are putting them in right, have you already been awarded the working/child tax, because rough figures show you should be getting at least what you where getting as being on IS, but as already said they dont take into account, bus fares, school meals, although your appointment at the job centre should have shown you the workings out 1st, including school meals, bus fares, etc,et mine did

Banned

camlen79;6618977

Obviously begging for money isn't your thing but u have to make ends meet … Obviously begging for money isn't your thing but u have to make ends meet and as I said my partnet can't work so i'm WILLING to go back to work so why have this go at me???and do tell me are you sitting in work now calling me fit to burn???? go and do your full time job then:x

Thats all you can do, getting advice on claiming benefits rather going out and looking for a full time.

Banned

stewby;6618968

Do those sentences make sense? Manager yourself? Dont think why your … Do those sentences make sense? Manager yourself? Dont think why your employer wont employ you?Not helpful at all. Think one of the OPs problems is that a lot of the working tax credits are based on working over 30 hours (I think, the OH does all our family allowance, child tax credits etc).

Sorry but you need to read the complete sentence to understand and I dont know what you mean by manager ?

Banned

So what your saying is, your whole household only works 16hours a week?
    No wonder you are struggling.
    One of you needs to work Full time at least, you cannot say i dont want to work full time, this is life.

Can your partner/husband whatever not do anything? Be it work couple hours a day? 12 hours a week?
    You said yourself it is nothing major with him, so either you are both not wanting to really go back into full time work, because you see how benefits pay you more than working.

This is one of the many reasons why this country is in such a state.

Also, you are on the internet, i presume at home? Is this really a necessity if you are struggling for money? Also £18 for school dinners, make sandwiches, cheap crisps, water and cheap chocolate?

gR8_mUndA;6618925

Not pathetic but simple, why not manage your self, to me claiming benefit … Not pathetic but simple, why not manage your self, to me claiming benefit is like begging for monthly money.Dont think why your employer wont employ you full time or maybe get another part time.

were are you coming from - most employers now dont give full time contracts

they give 8 - 10 - 16 hour contracts

you stated benefit is begging - tell us - what do you do for a living - it would be so interesting to know - also if you lost your job or if you have your own business and it went bust - would you not claim benefit -

come on - tell us what you do which is so financially - morally beneficial that you have the audacity to call people on benefits beggars -

Banned

Hamm;6619026

So what your saying is, your whole household only works 16hours a week?No … So what your saying is, your whole household only works 16hours a week?No wonder you are struggling.One of you needs to work Full time at least, you cannot say i dont want to work full time, this is life.Can your partner/husband whatever not do anything? Be it work couple hours a day? 12 hours a week? You said yourself it is nothing major with him, so either you are both not wanting to really go back into full time work, because you see how benefits pay you more than working.This is one of the many reasons why this country is in such a state.Also, you are on the internet, i presume at home? Is this really a necessity if you are struggling for money? Also £18 for school dinners, make sandwiches, cheap crisps, water and cheap chocolate?

+1

I see people on streets holding a can of Cider and doesnt take long to understand they are going job centre to claim benefits.

Banned

holly100;6619036

were are you coming from - most employers now dont give full time … were are you coming from - most employers now dont give full time contracts they give 8 - 10 - 16 hour contracts you stated benefit is begging - tell us - what do you do for a living - it would be so interesting to know - also if you lost your job or if you have your own business and it went bust - would you not claim benefit - come on - tell us what you do which is so financially - morally beneficial that you have the audacity to call people on benefits beggars -

You dont have to get a contract to work full time I believe.

I dont have to disclose as to what I do for living on HUKD. I am not against every benefit claimer, I dont understand why she cant work full time and support herself and her family.

Banned

gR8_mUndA;6619066

You dont have to get a contract to work full time I believe.I dont have … You dont have to get a contract to work full time I believe.I dont have to disclose as to what I do for living on HUKD. I am not againg every benefit claimer, I dont understand why she cant work full time and support herself and her family.

like yourself, maybe she doesnt want to divulge the why, where and when:thumbsup:

Banned

Exactly and another point to the OP, why are you on hotuk, you could be looking for a job?

Even if you started selling a few things on ebay or whatever, do a car boot? Raise some money? Car wash anything, 16 hours a week is what i did when i was at University.

You havent helped yourself, because you said you only want to work 16 hours..

Banned

sassie;6619081

like yourself, maybe she doesnt want to divulge the why, where and … like yourself, maybe she doesnt want to divulge the why, where and when:thumbsup:

Well why is she asking for help?
    I'm just trying to give both points ...

gR8_mUndA;6619066

You dont have to get a contract to work full time I believe.I dont have … You dont have to get a contract to work full time I believe.I dont have to disclose as to what I do for living on HUKD. I am not againg every benefit claimer, I dont understand why she cant work full time and support herself and her family.

op has 2 young kids to look after - we dont know the full situation at home regarding the kiddies getting looked after if she worked full time - also absolutely knackering

Banned

sassie;6619081

like yourself, maybe she doesnt want to divulge the why, where and … like yourself, maybe she doesnt want to divulge the why, where and when:thumbsup:

She already has told everybody that she DOESNT want to do full time and her husband has got anything MAJOR.

I rest my case.

gR8_mUndA;6619102

I rest my case.

I wish you would

Banned

holly100;6619099

op has 2 young kids to look after - we dont know the full situation at … op has 2 young kids to look after - we dont know the full situation at home regarding the kiddies getting looked after if she worked full time - also absolutely knackering

holly come off it, we're in/out of a financial crisis, you have to work in this life..

Banned

holly100;6619099

op has 2 young kids to look after - we dont know the full situation at … op has 2 young kids to look after - we dont know the full situation at home regarding the kiddies getting looked after if she worked full time - also absolutely knackering

Sorry but I disagree. Her husband stays home all day and least he can do is look after kids when they come back from school and doing full time isnt tiring at all.

Banned

gR8_mUndA;6619102

She already has told everybody that she DOESNT want to do full time and … She already has told everybody that she DOESNT want to do full time and her husband has got anything MAJOR.I rest my case.

You mean Not got anything MAJOR

But yeah i fully agree with all your points.

Hamm;6619026

So what your saying is, your whole household only works 16hours a week?No … So what your saying is, your whole household only works 16hours a week?No wonder you are struggling.One of you needs to work Full time at least, you cannot say i dont want to work full time, this is life.Can your partner/husband whatever not do anything? Be it work couple hours a day? 12 hours a week? You said yourself it is nothing major with him, so either you are both not wanting to really go back into full time work, because you see how benefits pay you more than working.This is one of the many reasons why this country is in such a state.Also, you are on the internet, i presume at home? Is this really a necessity if you are struggling for money? Also £18 for school dinners, make sandwiches, cheap crisps, water and cheap chocolate?

+2

I'm not having a go, but I totally agree.

Pack lunches is a great way of saving money over school dinners, perhaps it's possible to walk/cycle/get a lift to work instead of taking the bus? Even if you walked in and got the bus home, that would halve what you are spending on travelling.

what an ass gR8_mUndA is

stacy5uk;6619158

what an ass gR8_mUndA is

He's entitled to his opinion, wether people agree with it or not.

Banned

stacy5uk;6619158

what an ass gR8_mUndA is

Is that something racial or because you belong to the same benefit claiming category of people who dont have any ambitions in life ?

Banned

hornblowerracing;6619181

He's entitled to his opinion, wether people agree with it or not.

The OP is looking for advice, some may not be to her liking, but please don't get personal.

Bear in mind that the OP wen't back to work for 16 hours a week on the understanding she would gain the sum of £15. That's less than £1 for ever hour, not the greatest incentive, but try not to lose sight of the fact that the OP is trying.

gR8_mUndA;6619066

You dont have to get a contract to work full time I believe.I dont have … You dont have to get a contract to work full time I believe.I dont have to disclose as to what I do for living on HUKD. I am not against every benefit claimer, I dont understand why she cant work full time and support herself and her family.

can you tell us all how you can work full time without a contract please? are you working for yourself? not paying your taxes? my other half works full time. i am due back from maternity leave in december and my crappy work can only offer me 1 day a week as they cant allow me to do a rota around my partners shifts at his work. i am not putting my baby into childcare at such a young age so i too will become a BEGGER as of december! even with my BEGGING i will not be able to afford the small 2 bedroom house we are renting, and we dont have school meals or bus fairs to pay. i feel for the OP as it is hard and it really doesnt seem worth going back for me either. but to be honest it is also a bit of time out from the house and earning a bit of my own money. if going back meant i was worse off, i definitely wouldnt go back and miss out on seeing my little man once a week for it!

Banned

aScottishBloke;6619230

The OP is looking for advice, some may not be to her liking, but please … The OP is looking for advice, some may not be to her liking, but please don't get personal.Bear in mind that the OP wen't back to work for 16 hours a week on the understanding she would gain the sum of £15. That's less than £1 for ever hour, not the greatest incentive, but try not to lose sight of the fact that the OP is trying.

Maybe so, BUT nobody can expect to fully support a household on 16 hours a week?
    We are trying to give both sides, and understand why working more hours is not possible when it clearly is.

You could work double 16x2 = 32 hours, that is still not full time, but by that point I would have thought financially you would be okay.

aScottishBloke its more the case of 'I dont want to work more than 16hours a week', in this day and age you CANNOT be picky and choosey.

gR8_mUndA;6619195

Is that something racial or because you belong to the same benefit … Is that something racial or because you belong to the same benefit claiming category of people who dont have any ambitions in life ?

racial? WTF????????

Banned

hotukdeals.com/ite…304

Keeping two contract fones isnt economical for somebody struggling then isit ?

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767218
    2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
    3. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
    4. love affairs912

See more discussions